1TB Hard Drive

POST TOPICS GENERAL IN NATURE RELATED TO UNREAL
Forum rules
Remember our site rules for decency and language. Do not use racial, gender or other unacceptable undertones.
Master_Unreal

1TB Hard Drive

Post by Master_Unreal »

I just got my new hard drive installed, im gonna back up all of my map files for unreal, and transfer everything to the new F: drive

The total amount after formatting is 931GB, ill post and tell you how things are
Master_Unreal

Re: 1TB Hard Drive

Post by Master_Unreal »

Well so far, i have clear EVERY game on the C drive, before i copied stuff over to the new hard drive, i had 16GB free, not alot, after clearing up things, i had 40GB, now when i copied all unreal related stuff, and a couple other games, to the Games drive, i have 921GB, i haven't started with steam yet, and my dad hasn't installed his games.
Oldsparky

Post by Oldsparky »

As you may or may not know, The Oldone has a dual xeon local file server. In this server I have 4 each 1 terrabyte drives for data storage. One set of two is used for personal data, downloaded programs, drivers, pictures, music, unreal archives ect ect. The second set of two drives is used to store ghost files of computers that I have built or worked on here in the doghouse.

I have experimented with raid, and found the on board raid systems to be quite unrelliable. The raid cards are quite expensive. I have been mirroring drives now with a simple inexpensive program for several years. This is installed on my file server. I know of two others who are using this and its been trouble free. I highly recommend this for your file storage.
http://www.techsoftpl.com/backup/
Bubbles
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by Bubbles »

Double post
Last edited by Bubbles on Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bubbles
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by Bubbles »

I guess I should upgrade also, since I'm using my wife's laptop to post. Kinda hard to get to windows when your screen says primary hard drive not found :( That hard drive only lasted a year. That 10 year old WD sounds pretty good to me right now. See you in the server when I get off my lazy butt and buy, inatall, format, reload and configure my new drive.

Bubbles
Master_Unreal

Post by Master_Unreal »

Lol.......Double Post