Tiago Pinto again

POST TOPICS GENERAL IN NATURE RELATED TO UNREAL
Forum rules
Remember our site rules for decency and language. Do not use racial, gender or other unacceptable undertones.
Oldsparky

Re: Tiago Pinto again

Post by Oldsparky »

Despite the language barriers, this guys father must have been a florist, as he is one of the biggest blooming idiots I have ever seen. 8) Woofers. A person that goes through life hating everything.
{hLk}Havok
FOD
FOD

Post by {hLk}Havok »

the years go by, the names change, but there's always a few that seemed determined to cause problems. Ignore and ban is my vote (do we get to vote on it)? :-)
cpuenvy
-(DOG)- Council Admin
-(DOG)- Council Admin

Post by cpuenvy »

GoodOleTaco wrote:I think we should rename a server after him.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
-(bob)-
FOD
FOD

Post by -(bob)- »

my heart and patience must be 100X as strong as you guys ,
I helped him tho his problems and setting up a server 5 times already.
I guess I am the only one left that has the patience to not outright ban him and have the heart to help.
I am not here to defend him ,I just want to say he hangs around on servers i frequent and generally plays nice if he isnt begging about his issues. His patience with anyone is about 0 tho and wont hesitate to insult or swear if he thinks it will get his way faster.
I tried to explain why no one want to help him but he doesn't get it...
i continue to answer his questions , but it dosnt help so much when he wants to do it his way anyway..

#shared frustration
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

Well, I would like to say some words about it.
I had no idea that this would become public and I'm not very happy about it, but in the end I cannot make the decision, only the site admins can do it.
After what happened last year and also last christmas, I'm sure most people would have refused, to offer him help again.
But ok, he came on the server and told about a crash problem he had. I told him to check the server packages. He also sent me his ini files which I looked over. He found the problem package and disabled it and his server started again, but then another problem occured. His DZMapM spawner refused to spawn monsters. I found a typo in his monsterlist but also was sure that it wasn't the actual problem.
I kindly asked him to check his server.log for more informations about the issue and waited for a reply. In the meantime I checked the problem package on a testserver. He answered my question about the server.log which you can see in the first post. Then I sent him the info about the crash package because he had asked about it. Here is a quote:
Hi
Please check this files attently and found whymy server is not start.
Here the quote for the spawner issue:
Hi check this files, my DZMapM dont drop monsters and dont appear new monsters.
Believe me, you don't want to know his answer to the info about the crash which I sent him.
I don't understand why he refused to check his server.log. I mean, it's his server and I assume he has full access to it. Only thing he had to do was starting the server and wait until everything is loaded, then shut the server down again and check the server.log.

@-(bob)-
It seems you still have contact with him. I don't know if the spawner problem still exists, but I already had a guess about it. I'm not familiar with the DZMapM spawner, but I'm sure it also has its limits. In his DZMapM.ini I saw this:

Code: Select all

MSpawnerSettings=(bSpawnRandom=True,bConsiderPlayerLoad=True,bKillUnderLifts=False,StartupSpawnAmount=200,RespawnSeconds=200,MaxMonstersAtOnce=50,MaxMonstersTotal=100)
Maybe you can convince him to check his server.log. If the StartupSpawnAmount is too high, and 200 is quite a lot, the server.log should show it. That's the only hint I still can give from my side.
But like I said, I don't know how the spawner works in detail. Possibly it's something else which causes the spawner refusing the work.
And also he should learn some patience, especially when he wants to run an Unreal server. You are always facing some problems here and there and that needs patience.

Maybe you call me stubborn because I stopped the help, but it's not possible to communicate with this guy in a somehow civilized way and I tried it already several times.
On one hand he asks people for help, on the other he treats them like scum. I mean, what reactions does he expect?
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by strategy-(DOG)- »

it was me, who moved the posting to the public section - after discussing this with sparky and on his advice. it was obvious, that all players should be aware of that guy tiago, since he insulted the whole -(DOG)-clan and members of it!!

well, it is a good attitude to be patient and offer support for sure, but: there is NO way, that it will be tolerated that members of the -(DOG)-clan and/or the clan itself are being insulted that severly and on the other hand this guy is still expecting help and support?! if he'd ever had apologized for his behavior we could think this over, but sorry, the way he chose won't work.

WOOF!
[ no tolerance for intolerance ]
Oldsparky

Post by Oldsparky »

Leela you are missed very much on servers. This guy is not new to me, as I have seen this kind of personality before. You cannot help someone who will not help themselves. Don't worry about this, you did the best you could. He is not worth the effort of concern or worry. We all know the real Leela and her compassion and concern for others. 8)
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

@Strat

as Alf would say: Null problemo ;) :lol:

Wow Sparky, I can't believe you really met someone like him before. I've never seen someone even a bit similiar to him. He seems so full of aggressiveness and hate, hard to describe.
Yep, sorry that I'm not often around, but I also must be very careful and avoid long sitting. My right foot has already healed but the left is still open. It's much better than it was some weeks ago but still needs some time to recover. Of course I try to be on server as much as possible.

WOOF WOOF :) :lol:
Hyper
FOD
FOD

Post by Hyper »

I got some issues with this guy. He was at my servers and asked some help with his own server config. I redirected him to mail as the in-game chat is not ideal for fixing Unreal.ini files and I gave several tips there. I also made some adjustments of his server's ini files on his request. However, it did not work for him after which he called me a 'bad admin' (I finally know what the bAdmin=True means :p) and started to send hatemail.

It was a waste of my time. Not a nice person.
Alter your reality...forever.

http://www.hypercoop.tk
[url]unreal://unreal.hypercoop.tk[/url]
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by strategy-(DOG)- »

hey hyper!
sorry, that you got in touch with tiago! we tried to help him too and yes, he is very disrespectful and not very thankful ;)
he insulted leela badly and i had various email-conversations with him. meanwhile he uses the chat on our website to spam his stupidity, whenever he gets a new ip from isp (i usually ban the whole ip-range he shows up with....)

WOOF! WOOF!
[ no tolerance for intolerance ]