New server evaluation

POST TOPICS GENERAL IN NATURE RELATED TO UNREAL
Forum rules
Remember our site rules for decency and language. Do not use racial, gender or other unacceptable undertones.
SpiNacH
FOD
FOD

New server evaluation

Post by SpiNacH »

Been testing gameplay on new servers. Seems to be some kind of lag....unsure of cause as my pings are not bad.....64-96. But server seems to ............hiccup.........sometimes....or at least it seems that way to me and a few others.

Seems even when I have enemy in sights....hit does not register......whereas before it would be an instant headshot for sure. It is as if enemy is not where i see them now.

Just trying to offer constructive critisism of new servers.....don't know if this can be fixed or improved, but regardless, I will continue to support servers and will just try to adjust my gameplay.

Perhaps it is my game settings, as I use lan setting for connection type (against Spark's recommendation, altho this worked fantastic on old server), so will try other connection settings to compare.
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Re: New server evaluation

Post by strategy-(DOG)- »

hey spin,

i have been in touch already with the datacenter where the server is hosted, regarding the connection. it seems that there is some packetloss on one of the last hops before route arrives at server. i sent them an mtr report already and they promised me to investigate it - tho not sure if it will be done on weekend...

i'll keep you updated!
WOOF! WOOF!
[ no tolerance for intolerance ]
SpiNacH
FOD
FOD

Post by SpiNacH »

Thank you Strat......you the man.....man! hehe

Many thanks to you for taking the time and effort to ensure a good gaming experience for all. Although it may seem a thankless job, I assure you, you have the gratitude of many Unreal players. Thank you very much for making Newbies the best Unreal servers there are.
Last edited by SpiNacH on Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

thank you spin ;)
...but not worth mentioning, just trying to support newbies as good as i can, as all of us do!
i hope we can fix the connection-issue as well (since this is only datacenter related... i guess some router or switch in that network).

thanx also for feedback and contribution! ;)

WOOF! WOOF!
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

meanwhile i got a reply from support of host:

"It seems this issue is the result of Cogent generating too much traffic at their peering site with Level3. Our network department has been in contact with Cogent and it is our understanding that Level3 will be bringing up additional fiber in the coming weeks to resolve this issue. I would expect this will be resolved within the next month, but as we have no affiliation with Level3, we cannot say for sure."

...so, we hope for the best! :)

WOOF! WOOF!