Testing GameMode ENHANCED TEAM DEATHMATCH

POST TOPICS GENERAL IN NATURE RELATED TO UNREAL
Forum rules
Remember our site rules for decency and language. Do not use racial, gender or other unacceptable undertones.
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Testing GameMode ENHANCED TEAM DEATHMATCH

Post by strategy-(DOG)- »

currently testing ENHANCED TEAM DEATHMATCH based on smartballs Enhanced DeathMatch Mod.
you can find the server on unreal server browser "NEWBIESPLAYGROUND.COM ENHANCED TEAM-DeathMatch [227i]"

would be cool if some of you could drop by and test a bit, if you got time, and maybe drop suggestions here.

the game rules are pretty simple - 2 teams (blue and red) fighting each other until time is up or score of 40 points is reached (kill counts +1, death counts -1). you can't kill your team members. besides that all players gain individual scores, but teamresult only counts. there is a minimum of 4 players (you can enter even you are alone, the other player slots are filled up with bots (they drop off the game as soon as regular players enter) - up to 16. each team max. 8 players.

currently there are following mutators activated:
- OldFeatures: enables spawn protection
- UTeamSkins: you get some nice dresses in blue/red so you can see who is in your team and who is enemy.
- Revenge: as first killing the same player that killed you after you respawn will provide +1 point bonus
- MapVote: currently there is a set of 60 maps running. players may chose from the client options menue.

i had to deactivate the "getready" mutator - this one caused various errors and players had to reconnect from time to time.

on EDM6 there is a different console. you might notice the tabs "console", "main chat" and "client options". within client options you can adjust your settings and there is also the votings button.

i noticed some minor bugs: from time to time a map won't load within the enhanced teamdeathmatch gamemode, but enhanced deathmatch. this issue seems to occur randomly and not too often. you'll notice when players are wearing their usual skins and not the uteam skins. it does not seem to be related to 227i server, tested the same gamemode on 225f and had the same issue, so i chose 227i because of the fast downloads.

well, that's all for now. hope you'll enjoy! i guess it will be huge fun if there are more players on! :)

WOOF! WOOF!
[ no tolerance for intolerance ]
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Re: Testing GameMode ENHANCED TEAM DEATHMATCH

Post by strategy-(DOG)- »

ty alex!
yes, teamdeathmatch is really huge fun and could possibly bridge the gap between pure coop players and pure dm-players!
WOOF! WOOF!
[ no tolerance for intolerance ]