For the Good of Our Company (Mappack)

POST TOPICS GENERAL IN NATURE RELATED TO UNREAL
Forum rules
Remember our site rules for decency and language. Do not use racial, gender or other unacceptable undertones.
Master_Unreal

For the Good of Our Company (Mappack)

Post by Master_Unreal »

One thing I have been certain of, for as long as I have been breathing, is that life has always been difficult. The Skaarj took a different approach with ruling our kind and the Nali after their invasion of Na-Pali. Instead of hunting us down like deer in a field, or sometimes the other way around, the bigheads in the N.E.G. back at Earth and several of these so called "Skaarj Benefactors" have made an agreement to stop fighting, and ever since then, the Skaarj have kept us inside the walls of their super-city. Funny thing really, nobody really knows what this place is called, and nobody is certain that this place is safe at all. There are rather violent debates in my sector about whether or not we should rebel against the Skaarj. Some say that they are on terms with the N.E.G. and that we have nothing to worry about, others think that it's just a way for the N.E.G. to take control and make more money...or whatever is on their agenda.

From what I've seen, I know that we do not belong here. The Skaarj have no right to rule us here, or anywhere in the universe. My friends, my brothers and sisters. It is time that we take necessary action to ensure the safety of ourselves and the ones we cherish most in our lives...We must make a move now...For the Good of Our Company....
This is a new mappack that I have thought up after talking with Sparky yesterday on Jackal's Coop about a "City Themed Mappack". Almost immediately I knew what I wanted to pull off.

The mappack will contain 9-12, relatively large maps (Think between the size of the largest Redeem Your Space maps to the smallest Csejte maps) Some of these maps will be maps that Sparky has recommended to be converted from DM to Coop, most will be brand new or based off existing DM maps.

Stay tuned for screenshots soon!
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Re: For the Good of Our Company (Mappack)

Post by strategy-(DOG)- »

that'd be really cool MU! :-D
hope to see your mappack soon!

WOOF! WOOF!
[ no tolerance for intolerance ]
Master_Unreal

Post by Master_Unreal »

Hey guys! I've been sick the past couple of days but I have been working on this mappack. I've decided that for this one, unlike any coop mappack that i've seen before, Story will play a very heavy role in this pack. There will be a multitude of characters, both allies and enemies, each with their own style and personality. Currently I'm coding a minimal version of RPGUnreal to get things started out. While there won't actually be any level-up system in place, the dialogue and way that characters react under a certain set of conditions will exist. I can't say that a leveling up system would work under a server, but the focus here is the dialogue aspect. It will have protection against players that try and kill characters during a cutscene, or if the character under fire is a friendly. Damage won't register during cutscenes or dialogue sequences, or if the character is an ally.

I have the first level completely mapped out (It's just DM-Zahltag, but with edits to work with coop) and the second level mostly done as far as story goes. Screenshots are very soon to come!
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by strategy-(DOG)- »

hey MU, hope you feel better now!?
that sounds very interesting!! :) cool! dm-zahltag as coop map - great idea!
WOOF! WOOF! :-D
[ no tolerance for intolerance ]
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

Hiya MU :)

Firstly, it's really great to see you back. :D 8) :D
I really like the idea of a RPG touch because that's my actual game Genre.
Unfortunately in Unreal not many players are interested in the Story behind a map. I believe, the majority is more interested in shooting everything which moves. :lol:
I think your idea is a good contrast to most standard coop maps. I've read about RPG elements in Unreal, but never saw something by myself.
You are nearly a genius with Unreal, so I'm sure it will turn out great.

Hm lol, DMZahltag. I often thought about a coop version of this map, but unfortunately I still don't know it well enough for a conversion. Also DMZeitkind could be a cool coop map I would imagine. Main problem, a conversion takes time and good ideas to be a real good conversion.
Both things, which I lack, plus I'm no mapper. :lol:
But you have an important property for the mapping, creativity. Another thing that I'm missing. :lol:
SpiNacH
FOD
FOD

Post by SpiNacH »

Can't wait man, not only are you one of the best shooters in Unreal, but also one of the best mappers!

Thanks for making us some new maps, always look forward to your stuff.

SpiN :)
Master_Unreal

Post by Master_Unreal »

I've had some major setbacks since moving to my new linux system (Gentoo) and as a result, lost the small edit I did for Zahltag /:

I have reinstalled my XP Virtual machine and I have a working editor again. I've also set up a 98 VM for something that hopefully works out in Wine in the end, but I am not sure how it will turn out yet.

Sorry to keep you waiting guys, but I have my stuff set up again!
Master_Unreal

Post by Master_Unreal »

Alright peeps, I have an idea of what I'm doing for the last 5 maps, the first two I'm not completely sure of yet but will have some transition into the central area (A giant tower) followed by the giant tower. The last 3 however I'm sure will be something unlike anyone has seen in an Unreal series before and it should be very exciting, tense, and (hopefully) loads you all with adrenaline :mrgreen: