Mega skin packages.

POST TOPICS GENERAL IN NATURE RELATED TO UNREAL
Forum rules
Remember our site rules for decency and language. Do not use racial, gender or other unacceptable undertones.
Oldsparky

Mega skin packages.

Post by Oldsparky »

READ ALL OF THIS BEFORE PROCEEDING

I am adding the megaskin packages to the test server at this time. The packages will be added to all newbies servers in a short time. The old Newbies Public skins will be retired.
This new package has lots of skins in it, and everyone should be able to find one you like. I will be adding the private skins today to the Test Server.

You will find the megaskin packages in public skins on the main page. You will also find a supercache file that will keep you from downloading if you dont want to install the skins.
The skin packages self installer put into the system folder, and texture folder a uninstall program dated the day you put them in. If you make a mistake and put them in wrong, locate the uninstaller files by searching for it, and it will remove them where ever you put them.

This is what I would suggest. First back up any private custom skins you have in unreal. I then would take out any previous versions of Newbies public skins.

Your system folder should look like this. It includes my private skins in this case.

System folder
Female1Skins.int
Female2Skins.int
Male1Skins.int
Male2Skins.int
Male3Skins.int
Male3skinsspark.int

Textures folder
Female1Skins.utx
Female2Skins.utx
Male1Skins.utx
Male2Skins.utx
Male3Skins.utx
Male3skinsspark.utx

I deleted all but the above files.
IF YOU HAVE SKINS FROM ANOTHER SERVER LEAVE THEM INTACT.

You have then removed other skins, and are ready to run the mega skin self installer.

If you dont remove the older newbies public skins remember they will not work on the test server or the others when modification is complete.
Leaving in unused skins just leaves extra baggage and stuff for unreal to load at start up.

If you want to see what is loading in skins, look for a unreal text doc in the system folder. That tells what is being loaded in skins by unreal if you scroll down a bit.

You should start unreal twice after putting in skins to clear the skin memory in the game.

I will check and be sure the older public skins had a uninstall program. An alternate method to remove these skins before installing the new one would be to re install the old public skins and then locate the uninstaller in system and texture folders and remove the skins. This will overwrite the public skins previously installed and subsequently remove them. Then you would be ready to install the new packages.

In the interim the older skins would not be available on the other servers until conversion is complete.

To change skins in game, select the skin you want to use in player set up,, then reconnect to the server.

Thanks to Strategy and Old Unreal for their help in this project.
Oldsparky

Re: Mega skin packages.

Post by Oldsparky »

The are private skins installed on test server.

ServerPackages=Female1SkinsTd
ServerPackages=Female2Kami
ServerPackages=Female2Susanna
ServerPackages=Male1SkinsStrat
ServerPackages=Male1skinssponge
ServerPackages=Male1Skinstaco
ServerPackages=Male1DaveAnd
ServerPackages=Male1MU
ServerPackages=Male1Pete
ServerPackages=Male1Xizzzy
ServerPackages=Male1W3RM
ServerPackages=Male2BBG
ServerPackages=male2SkinsAD
ServerPackages=Male2Skinsperttyboy
ServerPackages=Male2Skins_Hyzplrkirb
ServerPackages=Male2Chupa
ServerPackages=Male2Animals
ServerPackages=Male2StunnersOz
ServerPackages=Male2Skinswillie
ServerPackages=Male3SkinsDOG
ServerPackages=Male3Skinsmarv
ServerPackages=Male3SkinsSBR
ServerPackages=Male3skinsparky
ServerPackages=Male3skinsspark
ServerPackages=Male3SkinsTKR
ServerPackages=Male3skinswever
ServerPackages=Male3Skinswisdom
ServerPackages=Male3COTC
ServerPackages=Male3Jackel
ServerPackages=Male3Logan
ServerPackages=Male3Minus
ServerPackages=Male3Missionary
ServerPackages=Male3OldSparky
ServerPackages=Male3Punk
ChuLii

Post by ChuLii »

I downloaded, and i was playing but Unreal quit alone o.O I enter into the game but when y want to enter into the server or change skin, Unreal quit! Is an action of the downloaded files?
Oldsparky

Post by Oldsparky »

Look above your post and use the uninstallers and see if it fixes it. :)