Instagib Co-op

POST TOPICS GENERAL IN NATURE RELATED TO UNREAL
Forum rules
Remember our site rules for decency and language. Do not use racial, gender or other unacceptable undertones.
Psychomorph
FOD
FOD

Instagib Co-op

Post by Psychomorph »

Hello,

on a DOG server you have an instagib automag, it is fun to use, but makes the game too easy also. So I thought, what if every player and monster weapon/attack was insta gib (except splash damage). So it would be easy to kill, but also easy to be killed. That would be some proper fun on all the Co-op maps and packs.
I like normal Unreal gun play, but sometimes I'd like something more decisive.

So if someone finds the idea interesting, perhaps such mode could be run on a server?
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Re: Instagib Co-op

Post by strategy-(DOG)- »

I assume you are talking about the so called "DOGmag"?
Well, actually this weapon is not part of the weapons used, yet I know that some admins summon it for fun.
Initially it is meant for testing certain maps/settings, rushing through the map and monsters only consume time.

Each server we run uses different settings and should offer some individual kind of balance. On AdvancedCoop for example we use stronger weapons, therefor there are more and harder monsters.
Yet it is not easy to set constant balance as we run so many different maps - especially the MH-maps got many custom map-based monsters, so sometimes it is needed to have more powerful weapons.

If you want to see a good balanced server (that does not run all maps and mods available), visit "XPerience Coop" or give it a try on "Hardcorps Coop"
[ no tolerance for intolerance ]
x21
-(DOG)- Council Admin
-(DOG)- Council Admin

Re: Instagib Co-op

Post by x21 »

I have a mutator that I used to swap the dispersion pistol to the glock for knifee. I suppose I can recompile a version to work for the dogmag.

EDIT: Made one based on a stripped down UT InstaGib Mutator.
EDIT2: This would only do a very basic job by giving a player one of the mags instead of the Dispersion Pistol.