VooDoo-(DOG)- Missing In Action

Post articles here relating to real life problems, not problems related to unreal.
Forum rules
This is for real life posts. Remember our decency rules.
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

VooDoo-(DOG)- Missing In Action

Post by strategy-(DOG)- »

many of you may have noticed that VooDoo-(DOG)- was not online for 2 months now. i wish i could say something that would offer an explanation but unfortunately i have no information nor idea about your disappearance. of course there are many players who occasionally show up, even stay away from unreal for months, sometimes years. but VooDoo and me were in contact almost on a daily basis to discuss issues, rl-problems and stuff like this. it is beyond my imagination that she would just take a break without mentioning a single word before going "offline".

many of you know that VooDoo is a very "private" person, she never mentioned her real name nor where she lives. i don't even got a valid email-address. the communication was only possible via forum-private messages, discord and her newbies-emailaddress. so, there is no way to retrieve any information about her current state. if anyone of you should have any information (which i really don't assume), i'd be very thankful if you could share that with us.

i am honestly seriously worried that she might have had an accident or something very drastic like that and we'll might never learn about these facts.

i really, really hope that i'm proven wrong with my thoughts but i think i have to declare VooDoo-(DOG)- officially as "Missing In Action".
Let's hope for the best!!! WOOF!
[ no tolerance for intolerance ]
Leo(T.C.K.)
FOD
FOD

Re: VooDoo-(DOG)- Missing In Action

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

I was wondering myself where she is, I assumed she still hangs out on the servers, I saw indeed posts two months back and before that there was a bit of break in posts, but now that you say this, I am worried too.
I wish I was released a little earlier, but this does unsettle me. I used to have her e-mail address before, but afaik she closed down her old addresses too, so I'm afraid I can't help with that.
Is Maci still playing around? He might know something if she happened to tell him, he was one of those players who used to be with her outside newbiesplayground often...
Other than that, there is another player, but he changed his name so I don't know...he used to be frequent at zora's keycoop so maybe try to ask some players there if they know? Just trying to help.
I'm in grave IRL trouble, please donate:

https://ko-fi.com/supportleotck41959
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

thank you very much for your suggestions! very much appreciated!
Missionary2001
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Post by Missionary2001 »

Dont worry. Sometimes she is gone half year. She will come back like nothing happened :D
I'm sorry! I can't hear ya! Don't fire the gun while you're talking!
Leo(T.C.K.)
FOD
FOD

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

I hope you're right. Maybe she had to travel, but it's strange she didn't seem to tell anyone though.

strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

i wish you were right, Missionary, but that's not VooDoo since she was part of newbies clan-leadership and especially since she started using discord for communication. she took her position very seriously and as i already said, we were communicating almost every single day even if just saying hello. she would have mentioned if she had planned to take a time-out, a travel or anything else that would have occupied her time that much that she would have to stay away. besides that she was working on a huge project for newbies which she really liked to do...
x21
-(DOG)- Council Admin
-(DOG)- Council Admin

Post by x21 »

She has disappeared in the past and returned months later before.
SerpentineStorm-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Post by SerpentineStorm-(DOG)- »

x21 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:02 pm She has disappeared in the past and returned months later before.
While this could be one case, that is probably unlikely. This time VooDoo did not report her situation, which left us in a state of deep concern. If it happened before, then forgive me if I assumed the wrong assumption. I have been a -(DOG)- member for 2 years now, so I may not be so familiar with how each person's sequences go. I did know everyone of you before I was a member myself, though.

I still hope we all get to see her safe and sound again...
Osiris
FOD
FOD

Post by Osiris »

I propose that any useful data that helps us communicate in any way with her, I could say if she wants to and thus be able to help with this situation. I am also worried, and I have a good friendship with her without also saying that she was the one who convinced me to join this great family ..

WOOF!
Olé!
SerpentineStorm-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Post by SerpentineStorm-(DOG)- »

It has been three weeks ever since the last post here in this announcement. I would like to ask about the situation report. Any sort of data found to declare that VooDoo is active on duty? I am always wishing her the best as we speak...

May she return with no pain.
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

sorry, my friend. no news yet. i'd post immediately if i should get any.
Leo(T.C.K.)
FOD
FOD

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

She had a website on talktalk.net that she told me not to share around, but I looked there recently and they stopped the hosting services so anything she might have put up there is gone....

Means I really have no clue. I don't even know her IRL name concretely, apart from knowing a name of someone associated with her family...if I can remember his last name. No I can't, that's the problem...

I mean I could search for him on www to see if I can contact him. I only remember the first name and that's it.

Dammit.

strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

i already posted on our discord-channel:

i have been informed that "VooDoo" appeared on our AdvancedCoop Server on dec 25th. i hardly could believe that so i checked the logs. a player named "VooDoo-(DOG)-" joined the server at 01.20am server-time, using the same skin as VooDoo did (which is not a private skin!).
using an ip-address from UK (new ip-range but i figured it is the same provider as she used to have). just her client-id does not match which might indicate a different computer. the player chatted a bit with some other player on the server and left 10 minutes later.

meanwhile i have also been informed, that the VooDoo-(DOG)- has been seen on Codex' server....

i'm not sure what this should mean, if it should really be VooDoo. no login to discord nor to this forum since early september... so, i would like to see VooDoo replying to this thread.

...just to keep you updated. WOOF!
Osiris
FOD
FOD

Post by Osiris »

I wish it was true that she was, I think that the true voodoo would have warned of her return, by some means we have and that she has, not only that she connects 10 minutes to a different server, that she doesn't say many words and that she outside. Honestly, I disagree that it was her, I think it was another player as our friend Strategy says. And if so, the latter, honestly, I see it in bad taste...
Olé!
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

new information-update:
MrC talked to Maci, obviously Maci met VooDoo on Codex' server. it appears that it was real VooDoo-(DOG)- - she told Maci, that she needed a break.