XPerience server

Posts related to JACKALS COOP, HARDCORPS COOP, XPERIENCE COOP and ADVANCED COOP servers
VooDoo-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

XPerience server

Post by VooDoo-(DOG)- »

Now that the main bulk of the work on the map rotation and spawner soon to be implemented for Jackal's server is done, it is time to consider the other 2 Coop servers, starting with the XPerience server.

The map list for the XPerience server will be exactly the same as the map list for Jackal's server with any maps particular to the XPerience server (like the Zora maps for example) appearing directly after the map UB-NexusEnd.

With regard to the spawner on the XPerience server, the MobsLists will also be exactly the same as on Jackal's server except the amount of enemies spawned will be significantly less, because the player is much less well-armed on this server. Like the new implementation for Jackal's server, this will require some extensive testing over time and I imagine the amount of enemies spawned to be about 1/3 to 1/2 of the amounts specified for Jackal's server.

On the XPerience server, the player is currently not given any default weapons/ammo apart from the trusty DispersionPistol and people have remarked that the player often runs out of ammo even after collecting weapons and ammo in maps and dropped weapons and ammo. It's been suggested by Nikola and Missionary that players on the XPerience server should be given the Automag as part of their initial inventory. Whilst it is rewarding to start with the DP only and collect as you go, certain maps become almost impossible (or at least slightly frustrating) when the player starts with the DP only, so I think adding the Automag to initial inventory with CoopInitialInventorySet=Automag ammo=100 is a good idea.

Missionary2001 asked recently about whether Zora's "Episodes" maps would be added and as discussed in this thread initiated by Andre, I see no reason why we shouldn't go ahead with this, these maps certainly deserve being in proper rotation on a server. On difficulty 3, the Zora maps are mainly tough, so to keep the original atmosphere intact, the spawner will be initially be disabled for these maps, although if necessary or appropiate, custom MobsSets may be added in the future to suit each map's style.

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
AndréRhineDavis-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Re: XPerience server

Post by AndréRhineDavis-(DOG)- »

Awesome :)

Maybe also that "Acerak" map and other such maps that are perfectly playable but are not part of regular rotation could be added? Just having them as an available option in the menu would be cool!

Once again, thank you for all your work :)

Also, btw, I notice that the PSX maps aren't in the Jackal's maplist.
I thought that the first part at least (levels 1 to 4 i think?) had been released and finalized?
Anyway, hopefully once the maps get released and finalized (if they haven't been already), then they can be added too :)
VooDoo-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by VooDoo-(DOG)- »

AndréRhineDavis-(DOG)- wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 4:54 pm Maybe also that "Acerak" map............

Yes that's a good idea. Noted.

AndréRhineDavis-(DOG)- wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 4:54 pm Also, btw, I notice that the PSX maps aren't in the Jackal's maplist.
I thought that the first part at least (levels 1 to 4 i think?) had been released and finalized?
Anyway, hopefully once the maps get released and finalized (if they haven't been already), then they can be added too :)

Yes we are just waiting for the final release of this, because it got released gradually in sections and at least one of the maps had numerous updates to it, so it makes sense to wait for the final release but yes they potentially could be added on at least the Xperience server for sure. We have to test these more thoroughly though under Coop play because the map UPB-E1L7A currently crashes every time on the Test server for everyone. It seems to occur when a player enters the room with the StoneWoman. Also the map UPB-E1L7B cannot currently be won online because the teleporter below does not appear to work as it should under Coop play and therefore the player cannot continue to the next part of this map.

2019_5_1_16_40_43_843-UPB-E1L7B.png

This two issues may not be present in the final release so we will have to wait and see. Like the Zora maps, these maps also deserve to be on a server if we can make it happen. :)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

VooDoo-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by VooDoo-(DOG)- »

Here is the map list and spawner information for the XPerience server . The map lists are a permanent link now on the website's main page under the GAMESERVER heading in the top left. The Yrex map "2017acerak104" has been added and so have the Zora maps. These additional maps on the XPerience server are currently running without the spawner enabled because it has been mentioned that they are purer and probably more immersive without the spawner running.

Following some testing, the player will now receive an Automag with 200 ammo, because it is still too easy to run out of ammo with 100 ammo and certain maps become too difficult with far too many deaths for comfort. So :-

CoopInitialInventorySet=Automag ammo=200 is now added.

Like Jackal's server, the spawner will require some testing and so players are encouraged to join the Workbench3 server to see the new rotation and spawner in action!

Any feedback is most welcome. :)

AndréRhineDavis-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

awesome! well done! :D
I'm just curious as to why the "number" column on the very left is only filled for the Unreal and RTNP maps? (i.e. only from 001 to 055)

Also, I notice that the maps "Redemption", "Messiah" and "Vengence" are indeed put together, but they as a group are not given a campaign name, despite the fact that I'm pretty sure (if I remember correctly) that they do follow one another as part of the same story like a campaign. If I had to name it, I would call it the "White Witch" campaign.
VooDoo-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by VooDoo-(DOG)- »

Hi André!

AndréRhineDavis-(DOG)- wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:38 am I'm just curious as to why the "number" column on the very left is only filled for the Unreal and RTNP maps? (i.e. only from 001 to 055)

That's a good question. As the name "revision" suggests, nothing is 100% finalised yet with regards to map order and any associated external list, although it is certainly very close.

So for example, a little further down in the table in the David Münnich section of maps, there is a greyed-out map by him called "JumpArena" which I added as a reference marker, because we should really use this map after a "coop-friendly edit". If the list were to be numbered immediately and then we decided later to add JumpArena into rotation, every table row (<tr>...</tr>) in the HTML source after JumpArena would need renumbering and making 700+ manual edits is not fun, hence why numbering is currently stopped at 055, because the Unreal and RTNP maps are "carved in stone" in terms of order of appearance.

The goal is to get as bigger "block" of maps togther as possible that will be "carved in stone" and form the base for all 3 Coop servers; Jackal's, XPerience and Advanced.This block of maps will be close to 800 maps.

As there are also currently quite a few other maps being looked at that could/should be added into a rotation, it makes sense to consider things like this first before numbering a list or declaring a definitive rotation. Here are a few of those maps :-

Asylum [this really should be on a server]
DOTL (Dawn of the Lost)
GlacierMoon [great map with a one-time-only spaceship]
JumpArena [fun map, should be in rotation]
MoreReal
stygianabyss
The Pure

After testing these recently and having played them before personally, I can see why some of them didn't go immediately onto a server, but at least half of them could be.

When the bulk block of maps is finalised and any more potential maps have been added, I may consider numbering the list fully or I may abandon numbering it altogether. I don't think it's too important for an external-from-the-game-list to be numbered, although yes it would be nice.

It's all about in-game though, so if anyone is interested in what number a certain map is in rotation, a player can visit Workbench2 (testing Jackal's) and Workbench3 (testing Xperience) and use "Mapvote" in the console or the inventory item and the new array of maps and what number they appear in rotation can be seen. The new map voting system, which includes voting for multiple maps! and the highly user-friendly filtering system of map names is a superb creation, thanks to Masterkent.

AndréRhineDavis-(DOG)- wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:38 am Also, I notice that the maps "Redemption", "Messiah" and "Vengence" are indeed put together, but they as a group are not given a campaign name, despite the fact that I'm pretty sure (if I remember correctly) that they do follow one another as part of the same story like a campaign. If I had to name it, I would call it the "White Witch" campaign.

Yes this was an interesting one because there was no readme available and it's all about the author's intentions and not "If I had to name it". I also know it as "White Witch", but is it known as the "White Witch" series or the "White Witch Complex" which the name of the archive suggests and as the LevelInfo --> LevelEnterText suggests:-.

Making it slightly more complicated is the fact that there is also a map called WhiteWitch which doesn't have "White Witch Complex" in the LevelEnterText and which is extremely similar to the map Vengence. As Newbies has run the map Vengence for years (and not WhiteWitch) I can only conclude that the map Vengence is considered to be the newer version of the WhiteWitch map. Someone else may be able to shine some light on this map series and its intended structure.

So I have been quite strict here due to the lack of a readme by the original author. If anything, for 3 out of the "4" maps, the LevelEnterText suggests "White Witch Complex" so I may put that as an editor's note unless someone else has a readme. I'd also be interested to know why there are 2 maps with different titles that are very similar indeed.

Similarly for Steve Long's "Duke" maps. Most of us know these maps as the "Duke series" but apparently there is no author's readme for this and therefore no presumption is made.

Another example is the Cave(s), S-Castle, Csejte and Zone maps which are colloquially known as the "Team HerdCoop map pack" or the "Csejte series" or the "ViViDy maps", but there was never any intention by ViViDy (or co-authors) for these maps to be known by 1 specific campaign title, nor was there ever any readme for these, which is why these maps also have nothing under the campaign heading.

AndréRhineDavis-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

okay cool :)
really excited for all this!
VooDoo-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by VooDoo-(DOG)- »

The XPerience server is now running the new map rotation and the newly implemented voting system.

To use the new voting system, either type "Mapvote" into the console or use the new inventory icon.

Feedback welcome!

WooF!

£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

Hi everyone :)

Here are some infos about WhiteWitch.

The map "WhiteWitch" was the first one and a single map back then when Jesse made it.
It ran for quite a while on Jackals.
Then Jesse made the other two maps and also reworked WhiteWitch and named it Vengence. For some time all 4 maps were in the rotation, but it didn't make much sense to run both versions of WhiteWitch on the server, so the older version was removed.

I can't remember if Jesse had planned it as a series right from the beginning, because it was already ten years ago. The only thing I remember is that Jesse made or finished the other two maps after the death of his wife.