BAD LANGUAGE ON NEWBIESPLAYGROUND

POST TOPICS GENERAL IN NATURE RELATED TO UNREAL
Forum rules
Remember our site rules for decency and language. Do not use racial, gender or other unacceptable undertones.
VooDoo-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Re: BAD LANGUAGE ON NEWBIESPLAYGROUND

Post by VooDoo-(DOG)- »

My eldest showed a little in Unreal last year, but for sure I will only let him play on the Newbies server - if ever.
Whilst bad language is inevitably impossible to totally avoid - we can but try :)
Newbies servers have a certain amount of integrity due to this enforced rule - happy days.
I personally don't find bad language hugely offensive really - I just find it boring and an indication of a certain "lack of intelligence".

I like the wording of the new server ad message by the way. :flap:

Please never change the bad language rule!

WOOF!

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by strategy-(DOG)- »

great to read that your son showed interest in unreal :) - not sure, if i met him yet, but hope to meet him on newbies! :)
VooDoo-(DOG)- wrote:Please never change the bad language rule!!
no worries. this rule won't be dropped as long as i'll be responsible for newbiesplayground! WOOF!
[ no tolerance for intolerance ]
Dark Wolf
FOD
FOD

Post by Dark Wolf »

Just adding my two cents here. I completely agree with the no foul language, racial slurs or sexist talk.

I have been in servers where that goes on and really all it does it get me mad and egg me on to lambaste them right back.

I have decided that I do want a clean place to relax and make friends not get into some cussing fest.

Newbiesplayground rules and laws I find highly appealing for the fact it's a safe clean environment.

It's respectful, peaceful and relaxing ^w^
Leo(T.C.K.)
FOD
FOD

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Well, I usually end up using the forbidden words when I'm pushed over the edge or angry.

But at least in these forums I never even feel myself being provoked by other members, or in general in COOP whenever I played it.

And they generally don't try to provoke. There have been one or two misunderstandings on the KOTH servers around 2005, which made me really explode to the point of sparky temp banning me, but otherwise there hasn't been problems.

I remember that back then Sparky even joined my own KOTH server after the incident and tried to talk it through with me, calling me "stubborn" and all that.

I did find it unfair what happened at the time and I've really been through hell during that time and really really ill.

Sparky then told me to read the story why this site was setup in the first place.

And that was the step towards some mutual understanding.
I'm in grave IRL trouble, please donate:

https://ko-fi.com/supportleotck41959
Dark Wolf
FOD
FOD

Post by Dark Wolf »

We have definitely all had our trials and tribulations on unreal from minor misunderstandings to major blowouts and I was plenty guilty of that in my past.

Over the years I made better friends and they pushed me in the right direction which is why if you do see me on I'm calm and peaceful if not a bit frag happy LOL

My net may be crappy and slow but got the heart of a wolf and the patience of a monk. This is a good thing these days :lol: