My Unreal

POST TOPICS GENERAL IN NATURE RELATED TO UNREAL
Forum rules
Remember our site rules for decency and language. Do not use racial, gender or other unacceptable undertones.
Depredador
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

My Unreal

Post by Depredador »

Hello people! it's been a while since I post something in forum, hope ya'll doing okay :)
I post this because i've been having trouble with my Unreal game, for some wierd reason my "Unreal.exe" disappeared somehow. this is not the first time that happens to me, it happened yesterday and it happened again today! I had to reinstall unreal and set everything up AGAIN :(
I really don't know whats going on or if it is 227i causing it, I hope someone can help me fix this if it is possible. I will be very happy if you guys can help me solve this or if anyone has an idea or knows what is causing this problem.

ps: Happy Halloween to you all 8)

-Dep-
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Re: My Unreal

Post by strategy-(DOG)- »

hey depredator!

let me guess: you are using the antivirus-program "avast!"?
i talked to another 2 players regarding this issue. it seems, that the latest update of this avast! identifies unreal.exe as a false positive!! this is the only virus-scanner i know of that removes unreal.exe and views it as a threat. i have tested the current unreal.exe against 36 virus-scanners and it was clean - so no worries on that.
but that avast! seems to cause some trouble. i'm currently running 3 av-programs active simultaneously: avg, spybot, malwarebytes and never had that problem.

my recommendation: remove avast! and replace it by any other virus-scanner of your choice (but don't use norton - this is known to cause connection-problems on uteam servers)

that should fix your problem!
WOOF! WOOF!
[ no tolerance for intolerance ]
Depredador
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by Depredador »

Hey Strat!
Man!! You're a genious, I do have Avast on my computer but I didn't think about it as the problem heh. Also, what virus-scanner do you recomend? And well I guess I need to reinstall Unreal again :(
Anyway thank you for your help! I should be back shortly 8) WOOF!

-Dep-
Smirftsch
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Post by Smirftsch »

Hey there :)

Strategy made me aware about this problem and it's rather strange, because even online scanners which use avast as well do not report it as an issue or even threat. My assumption is that this is restricted to a specific version maybe.
What version do you run exactly? Maybe it's worth to report it to avast and send a sample to them, but therefor I need more details.

For commercial solutions I made my best experiences with F-Secure.

Edit: Just installed latest avast free edition 2014 on my VM with XP, didn't detect any threat. This is really weird.
<insert cool text or something here>
Minus
-(DOG)- Council Admin
-(DOG)- Council Admin

Post by Minus »

Just my opinion as a user that's tried all of the paid and free anti virus programs,microsoft security essentials ftw on the freebie side of things. ;)
“Even if things don't unfold the way you expected, don't be disheartened or give up. One who continues to advance will win in the end.” ― Daisaku Ikeda