Time to depart guys

POST TOPICS GENERAL IN NATURE RELATED TO UNREAL
Forum rules
Remember our site rules for decency and language. Do not use racial, gender or other unacceptable undertones.
Master_Unreal

Time to depart guys

Post by Master_Unreal »

It's been a long time since I posted here, and it may very well be the last. Im sure some of you have wondered where I have been, with a few exceptions of those there during the times that I have dropped in.

Over a long period of time I've lost my desire to create anything with Unreall, it just hasn't appealed to me from a personal or creative standpoint, and it all felt very limiting. I've moved on to programming an OpenGL/C++ game engine over the course of the past 6-12 months and it's coming out pretty well, a full out game is in the works as the engine's development progresses onward.

I want to thank each and every one of you for the times I have played here and enjoyed these servers, quite honestly without you all I wouldn't have made it to where I am today. I can remember way back when I wanted to do quite a large mappack ( I lost the files in an accident unfortunately ) and how exciting it was to get feedback when the redux of the first episode went on.

I can say for sure that I won't be doing any large scale projects, maybe so much as a map for unreal anymore. I will be releasing my beta assets to the public soon as I don't have much of a need for them anymore. It's a shame to leave the beta things behind but I have too many other things to work on at the time that occupy my interest further, I hope you all will find some use or interest for it.

This is not to say I won't stop playing Unreal every now and then, you might see me pop in if the crowd is right some time :mrgreen: I can honestly say this is one of the last "good havens" for playing Unreal, it's been a great time.
-(bob)-
FOD
FOD

Re: Time to depart guys

Post by -(bob)- »

Well I am both happy and sorry to hear that from you,
I used to hang with you years ago and I looked forward to some of your projects like that map pack sam monsters etc, and your future releases. I suppose there is a change lately with many modders moving to anywhere else that either has more players or better modding options , and in those cases we lose key people (crevation , you ,almost hyzoron etc)

I thank you for you time with unreal , your work on quakempak , mu_mapset and the beta u1pawns. your works were appercated and will continue to be, you were one of the few u1 users who could make amazing models and decent code from just a idea in you head.

look forward to seeing what unfinished assets you release, since i heard lots of things but never saw many releases
Master_Unreal

Post by Master_Unreal »

It's not really entirely a matter of creating the game, while that's fun too, programming an engine from scratch and watching it work is far more rewarding to me. In the beginning we tried using UDK but i found myself getting bored with it quickly. It's also great to have when I apply for a job or go to college for programming. Having complete control over how the game works rather than adjusting to UDK's standards is easier to me in the long run. I personally enjoy the experience of working from the ground up, it's something i've always wanted to do.

Oldsparky

Post by Oldsparky »

Good luck and don't forget us. They all come back eventually. :lol: 8)
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by strategy-(DOG)- »

all the best wishes for you MU - may you succeed well with your plans! always been fun playing with you - so looking forward to see you again in game some day! :D

WOOF! WOOF!
[ no tolerance for intolerance ]
hyzoran

Post by hyzoran »

From an Unreal standpoint, farewell. Your hard work on your engine and actual progress makes me feel unproductive and lazy, which I pretty much am. :P (not much work on UAOK has been done lately, OR on anything else creative I was planning on doing)