Bridging the Gap between KOTH and COOP

POST TOPICS GENERAL IN NATURE RELATED TO UNREAL
Forum rules
Remember our site rules for decency and language. Do not use racial, gender or other unacceptable undertones.
Oldsparky

Bridging the Gap between KOTH and COOP

Post by Oldsparky »

There has been some very good points made lately in the forum about the giant valley between our servers.. Thoughts?
GoodOleTaco

Re: Bridging the Gap between KOTH and COOP

Post by GoodOleTaco »

Yeah....lets get rid of them and all play MM...hahaha..just kidding.

Since I dont play there..Taco has no comment :-x
Master_Unreal

Post by Master_Unreal »

As you brought up last night, that TDM was set on the test server, if we could get both players to at least try TDM or some team game(capture the flag) I think it would "bridge the gap" hehe
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

I would like to express some thoughts. I remember the beginning, more than 2 years ago now.
To me DOG was one whole community, but with time I began to notice that there is a kind of trench in the DOG clan. I felt very unhappy about it, and I still do.
For me it never was a matter on which server a DOG plays, if it's KOTH, MM or Coop. All DOGs are part of the same great family and comitted to the same rules. I feel like a part of every DOG and they are a part of me.
I think the valley which is mentioned is not between the servers, but in our minds. There we should start to build a bridge.

I must admit that I rarely played KOTH or MM. It's not because it makes no fun, but it gives me massive problems. On many maps I just can't see enough. I even can't see where to go. If Coop wouldn't have the SearchLight I already had to give up online play. Before you ask, my brightness is set near to maximum and also my monitor has enough brightness. OpenGL seems to have a problem with shadow parts, but not only OpenGL, D3D gave me the same problem. Maybe you can imagine that its not much fun to use the disper as SearchLight to find the way in dark parts. Besides, that only works in Coop, but in KOTH or MM you even have not the time for it.

Also the time is a problem. I think many haven't much time to play and when they find the time to enter the server, they will of course join to their favorite server.
Opening up our minds and accepting and respecting each other could be the first step in the right direction.
Master_Unreal

Post by Master_Unreal »

....Opening up our minds and accepting and respecting each other could be the first step in the right direction.
I could not agree more with that, I don't think I've ever thought of it that way, but now that I think about it, it is so true.
SpiNacH
FOD
FOD

Post by SpiNacH »

I think the point Sparky is making, is about the division of the clan. Seems to me, and a few others, that it has become like several clans, Coop clan, MM clan, and KOTH clan.

Now I understand everyone has their preference to gameplay type. As I am mainly a coop player, yet have been playing a bit of MM, and have found it to be great fun, and the MM -(DOG)-s are great players to frag with ;).

In regards to the KOTH server, this is where the founding -(DOG)- members choose to play. And they are not seeing any of us newer -(DOG)-s play there. This is a problem, and just plain wrong, IMO. How are they supposed to get to know us, and us them, if we never play together?

To quote Sparky, "The day Sickpups leaves the server list the newbies servers are finished."

I hope you all understand the ramifactions of this statement. So to all you coop players and MM players, I would urge you to at least make an apperance on the KOTH server every once in a while. And as I will be playing there now, fear not at being the worst player, as I am sure to hold that title shortly.

Also, I agree with TKR's suggestion that PUPs should have to play on the KOTH server, to allow the Sr. -(DOG)-s a chance to meet and evaluate new prospects.