The Dog Clan Whining

POST TOPICS GENERAL IN NATURE RELATED TO UNREAL
Forum rules
Remember our site rules for decency and language. Do not use racial, gender or other unacceptable undertones.
Oldsparky

The Dog Clan Whining

Post by Oldsparky »

You know, all this whine whine whine stuff, has come about due to mainly this forum makes a convient platform for it. Frankly, I am kinda tired of dealing with all the personalities involved. Its like trying to juggle about 50 balls at once to keep you all happy. 88% of the problems on the forum, and on the game servers are related to problems that occur on the coop servers. We never had problems like this before starting coop but we also never had the number of players we have now either. It is to much for one person to handle, therefore I have given sub admin control and player control to my nephew Jackal for the Coop server and related problems. You know it kinda ironic, but coop players seem not to play well with others.

I know some of you say give control to others spread the load. Frankly thats kinda scarey with some of the ideas I have heard from others about how to handle the problems and how some of the problems here on the forum should be handled. Most of them would lead to certainly an end to the clan. Because of my decisions and stubborness the clan has remained here, for about 12 years now. People get disgruntled, leave, go to other games and play on other servers, but in the end they find their way back here, because my determination keeps it here. My deterimination alone, me, the old one, the smelly one with the with the white shoes does this, no one else. Think about it, when you took a powder and left for a few weeks, or months or years, I was here doing what I do. This is possible only because of one person control Like it or not, it works. I am not perfect and every decision does not have the desired effect or is a good one, but the way to change that is to work from within to help, not to leave.

Heres the deal. Take it or leave it. The servers are run by me alone with my determination and decisions good or bad, because of Sickpups interest in the game, and make no mistake, SICKPUPS is the Dog Clan flag server and will remain so. The day Sickpups leaves the server list the newbies servers are finished. I see no Sparky replacement waiting in the wings and I am very old and my future is limited. Only God knows the hour and the day and the future of newbies servers.

The MM servers came about by players request and were added by me after receiving some good donations.

The coop server were always wanted by Jackal to replace the shut down nostalgia server and to run maps that had never seen the light of day on line. The Coop servers have been basically unfunded for months by any player.

One of the players that all of you hold in the most contempt has given donations large enough to keep the servers on line for many months.
This player, tho abused and degraded is paying for your gaming enjoyment, I am both amazed and saddened. Be careful who you attack. Better yet, why are you atttacking someone rather than helping them understand what we do and what we stand for. I am amazed at the lack of empathy that some have for other people.

The whine line that the other servers are stealing players from the main server is horse manure. The other servers have their own line up of players that occasionally visit the main server and suffer embarrasment and defeat rather than a true Dog welcome. How long has it been since you helped someone less skilled to improve their skills or quit beating them up long enough to help them?

The web site and forum and things are funded by me, as are all the servers, when there are donation short falls.

As I stated when Coop2 went on, that is my test server for experimenting and thats what coop2 is, and experiment and probably test changes working well there will be implemented into the main coop server when evaluation is done. I have other things in unreal I wish to try as well as coop tests.

It is impossible for me to make each and everyone of you happy and I am not gonna try. The servers are there for you to enjoy, if you dont like them, the door is,, the escape key.

The Clan members have always stuck thru thick and thin, the ones that leave come back. Some of them have been loyal for years. The web page has been established early by Taco, then by Sid, now by Tom Kat. All of them have done a great job at it but have been worn out by the load and whining. I had great hopes that the new web page would help to minimize the platform for whining and trouble making but that is unlikely to happpen. The function of the web site and forums is to provide downloads and information relating to the unreal game and clan, and a place to exchange personal information between clan members and to attract new members. It has degraded into a place to launch personal attacks and whining campaigns.

In the interest of Clan harmony I am considering dumping not only the forum, but if the web page breaks it will to be dumped as well.

All I can say, I am sure not many can or will spend the time that I do on this game.

I am very disappointed in you all. Its like if Sparky doesnt give me my way I will just quit. Rather than working on the problem with us you run. Well so be it. We will continue to do what we have done for years, provide a place to play with our Code and Rules and the rest of it shall take care of itself in the long run. There is a involved inner circle of older and younger dogs that I listen to and discuss ideas with for the changes to the clan.

The things that you guys post and flame about are ridiculous and you need to grow up, all of you. If someone is not playing the way you like and an admin dont resolve it, go away ,, come back later after they are gone dont run to the forum and start a flame thread. We have a 5 servers and a problem child can only be on one at a time.
I wonder if any of you realize the hundreds of times I have been beat up or abused and you see a smile, while underneath a \\\\ never mind
Some of you play and have fun without a peep. Others complain and whine all the time. All you whiners, consider yourself spanked by sparky.

I think maybe I should just quit the DOG clan as well. It is getting very frustrating and not fun at all. Now I have to spank myself cause I am whining.