JzPlayerStart

Posts related to JACKALS COOP, HARDCORPS COOP, XPERIENCE COOP and ADVANCED COOP servers
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

JzPlayerStart

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

Hi to all Admins of Coop :)

I already posted this under Server Admins, but not all Admins have access to it so here it is again :)
Maybe you know the problem with adding a new Playerstart to a map. In some cases this can cause problems. If you placed a new start at the wrong place and you want to get ridd of it again, type the following into your console:

admin killall JzPlayerStart

This way the new start will be removed again and you can add a new one if necessary.

I have here an example to use the JzPlayerStart function effectively.
I use a key for it, here it's the PageUp key.
First make 2 txt files and place them in your Unreal\System folder.

1. file JzPlayerStart.txt

set input PageUp exec JzPlayerStart1.txt
summon jplayerstart
say ***NEW START***

2. file JzPlayerStart1.txt

set input PageUp exec JzPlayerStart.txt
admin killall jzplayerstart
selfsay JzPlayerStart deleted

To bind the key open your console in game and type: set input PageUp exec JzPlayerStart.txt

When you hit your PageUp key a new PlayerStart will be placed. If you press the key again it will be deleted.
Of course you can use any key you like for it, just change it in the 2 txt files.

One note:
A new PlayerStart can be helpful in some maps to bridge long ways like in HCL3, but there shouldn't be used to cut a map. In some maps are already teleporters placed to shortcut finished areas. These teleporters can only work when no new PlayerStart was added to the map. So make sure, you know the maps when using them.

Kami
Shadow
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Re: JzPlayerStart

Post by Shadow »

wow, there are soooo many areas that i found in maps that are good playerstarts. but I'm not admin, though :cry: Not saying I want to be one (it's a lot of work), but I've always been curious what it was like to be one.
Nanodesu!
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

Hi :)

Well, to be an admin is not a thankful job. Once you become one, you can never play as a normal player again. You can enter the server without beeing logged in, but you are still always an admin.
I knew what it means when I once was asked and I would never complain about it.
To be an admin is very helpful for me when checking things in maps and when fixing problems.

I see often players asking "Can I be admin?", or "How to become an admin?", but I think they have not really an idea what it means to be one. First it means responsibility. And as you wrote, it means work, alot of work. As admin you should know all maps on the server and you should be able to show players the way if they don't know it. There are over 400 maps on the server now and I spent many, many hours to play the most in SP to become familiar with them.

Also you always have to have an eye on the players to avoid trouble. One important thing is: The server always comes first. The admin is primarily committed to the server.

Maybe you get the idea what it means to be an admin, and someone should carefully consider before he either accepts this job.

Kami
Shadow
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Post by Shadow »

>KamiLunar<-(DOG)- wrote:Hi :)

Well, to be an admin is not a thankful job. Once you become one, you can never play as a normal player again. You can enter the server without beeing logged in, but you are still always an admin.
I knew what it means when I once was asked and I would never complain about it.
To be an admin is very helpful for me when checking things in maps and when fixing problems.

I see often players asking "Can I be admin?", or "How to become an admin?", but I think they have not really an idea what it means to be one. First it means responsibility. And as you wrote, it means work, alot of work. As admin you should know all maps on the server and you should be able to show players the way if they don't know it. There are over 400 maps on the server now and I spent many, many hours to play the most in SP to become familiar with them.

Also you always have to have an eye on the players to avoid trouble. One important thing is: The server always comes first. The admin is primarily committed to the server.

Maybe you get the idea what it means to be an admin, and someone should carefully consider before he either accepts this job.

Kami
yes, I do realize how hard it is to become an admin, and it's a hard choice if I actually do want to become one. First of all, I'm not able to be online as often as I desire. I don't really come on the server at certain predictable times (it's very random). I also have to leave unexpectedly sometimes ( I live in a family of 4, they often need help around the house). Second of all, I don't know all of the maps inside and out, and I am often stuck on certain maps.

If you do happen to need another admin, I would be glad to become one. It's not because I want to ghost and summon things and do whatever is possible, I would want to become an admin to help out the server. There are soooo many moments that while I am on the server, I see the other players' behavior and say, "Where are the admins?"

This is a very hard choice for me if I do want to become one. I think it's up to you guys to decide if I should take this to a new level. If I do become one, however, I will be willing to devote as much as I can towards being an admin. I will also learn to become familiar with all of the maps on the server so I know what to do on the maps.
Well, anyways, sorry about getting this thread slightly off-topic. I guess I'll just leave it to you guys to decide whether I should become an admin or not. Either way, I really don't care, because I still love to just play on the server for fun. :D
Nanodesu!