DmCLEAR

Post by UnLeaded »

DmCLEAR?

Like it? Yes, no? Tell me what you like, dislike about it! :o
-> UnLeaded <-
Oldsparky

Its great

Post by Oldsparky »

I love it. Think better placement of spawn points to limit the newbies pawn killing would improve on it. It has been added to the map rotation.

Woofers
UnLeaded
FOD
FOD

Post by UnLeaded »

They're the orig spawnpoints from the maps, you spawn in the same locations as you would in the UT version. The small map's really meant for for 6-8 people max, even with the ship, and we had 10-12 playing during it's premiere. The average on Newbies is probably 8 so during normal times it shouldn't be as much of an issue.

I noticed that the non-DOGs were the ones with the spawning issues. You have to keep in mind that this is a rifle map too, you take someone's head off, by the time they realize they made a mistake it makes no difference, you're already dead.

Changing spawnpoints really won't keep people from spawnkilling... but with the number of people in the server at the time I realize the frustration.

Let me put it this way... in the map there are 36 spawnpoints!

A mapper really can't prevent spawnkilling :( The most I can do is have people spawn right on the weapons, which I have in some maps, but if someone wanted to camp the weapons they could spawnkill. Frankly the mapper just can't take responsibility for spawnkillers... I can take responsibility for spawning people in a hazard zone and I've done that once but not in this case.

In life you learn and teach children to take "responsibility for their own actions" :) and you know what... that's part of my judge of character :wink:
-> UnLeaded <-