Best maps

Questions, Informations and Discussions
Oldsparky

Best Maps

Post by Oldsparky »

Thats a tough one. Newbies runs over 1000 maps, many good, many excellent and some that are eh!

We are fortunate to have some great mappers in the DOG clan and I am very partial to the maps they have made for the newbies servers. I like the old maps with added music. The DMGETITONUMX is a excellent example and DMRocketChaosumx. If you look on our web site main page we link to authors of maps and devote folders to them. I get many maps from most of the current mappers in unreal. We will get them played on the Newbies servers almost immediately and offer feed back if they desire it.

I have just started a thread about Clawfist, one of the older map makers. We have Unleaded, Mouse/Orion/JS Maps /BrakeDanceJ/Tray/Sinji/Rooster/Slider/Minky/Eyeball kid/Stunner/Firebird/Mr T./Pit Bull/Hlk mappers/Kor mappers and others working keeping this game alive. We try to encourage the great work and effort the mappers put forth with recognition and when possible with our map contests like the present Christmas maps contest running now. If I have Failed to mention anyone please let me know as I am old and probably did. I would like to see a directory of mappers. Hmm anyone want to take that project on? I often hit F1 when a map starts on the server to see who the author is. Many are names I don't know and some that I do know. The sad part is the un named maps that are great and we don't know who made them. I know we have lost some great mappers, Jeter, for one. BoneKeeper I think. I think now of Budlite and Oz(Mark Austin) and Sally of the Yellow sub and the CW mappers. Guess I have forgot several. Duh, Maybe I shouldnt have started this. Anyone want to add mappers names I have forgotton in my senility please do so.

We have several young mappers who change names more often than I change my socks. Some of their maps are not so hot but some are pretty good. I would like to encourage them to continue to submitt maps to me because each one gets better.

I have to recognize Numby for all the music work he does for the Old Guy and the modifications to maps.

I forgot all the CO-Op mappers and Jackal would be more informed on that than me.

I also failed to mention Rush and Snipers Paradise. I know little about Infiltration and other games mods but from their success on server load indicated by the all server list they probably have mappers as well.

How to choose my favorite map.
Should be one of Sickpups original maps he ran.
Maybe DeCyberChurch or Bridge or DmGym1 or DMBloodSkyCastle humm thinking about this...Maybe Sickpups Retreat, Dm EgyptTemple,,,um like waiting at the Ice Cream store just cant decide.
UnLeaded
FOD
FOD

Post by UnLeaded »

DmSampoerna, DmChinese, DmLuckyStrike :P

My favorite Halloween map is Dm-s2006. If you give us particular categories it's easier, especially with over 4000 maps done to date in U1.
-> UnLeaded <-
}TCP{Wolf
FOD
FOD

Post by }TCP{Wolf »

http://www.oldunreal.com/kdstcpmaps/MAPLIST.TXT

(this may be a repost, and yes I stopped map-testing a long time ago...)
-=]HONESTY PAYS[=-