Christmas Map Contest coming, follow this thread for rules.

Questions, Informations and Discussions
Oldsparky

Christmas Map Contest coming, follow this thread for rules.

Post by Oldsparky »

This will be the prize.http://newbies.thenerdnetwork.com/np/ma ... gy%204.jpg

http://www.soundblaster.com/products/pr ... duct=14103

Newbies map contest rules, October 26,2006

Submit map prior to Sunday December the 10th midnight eastern time USA zipped via email to
gcbchome62@aol.com Clearly indicate this is a map for the Christmas map contest please, and include your email address.

Rules

1. Must be an original map, not a remake. Map should not have been available for download or play on line prior to Dec 10, 2006.
2. Must be compatable to play on a 225 server.
3. Maximum Unzipped size of unr file is 8 meg.
4. Non-Standard Unreal Textures should be included with maps. Try to use conventional textures and sounds if possible.
5. Total map file maximum zipped size should be as small as possible and in no case larger than 10 meg.(all files)
6. Music is encouraged but keep size down please and must be included in zip file (limit 10 meg total including all files)
7. Map must have a readme file as required by Oldunreal.com.
8. Map must have at least 8 or more player starts.
9. The submitted map must be a Death Match type of match.
10. Custom u files are discouraged but will be accepted if they don't cause file mismatches.
11. Each map author may make unlimited submissions of maps. As many as you want to make.
12. DM-Noel is the benchmark against which the maps submitted will be judged.

We (Newbies) are looking for new classic death maps similiar to a prong or observatory. We do not require reference to the Newbies server or the Dog Clan (although that is a nice touch)

We prefer the maps submitted never have been played on line prior to our judging. We will judge the maps by playing them in a closed server environment with the judges and perhaps the author present. Each map will get multiple plays to present a good chance of each judge seeing each detail of the map. Procedures for judging to be worked out during term of the contest by the judges. This is not a promise that authors will be present but only a possiblity at this point. Would be good if authors could show their maps to judges and then leave the server and allow the judges to play the maps. The maps will then be judged by the judges from the Dog Clan. This judging will not be by me, but I will be present to administer the server. (Sparky) If errors are discovered on the winning map, the map will be returned to the author for remedy of errors and must be done in a reasonable amount of time (ie 1 week).

The Decisions of the map judges is final. Decision to be reached within 7 days of map deadline and announced on www.newbiesplayground.com.

Only one prize is being awarded.

The maps submitted remain the property of the map author but must author give open permission for use and electronic distribution for all maps submitted.

All maps will be available for download on www.newbiesplayground.com for general use after the judging is complete. The files will be available for at least 90 days for download.

The newbies rules of decency and language apply or maps will be disqualified.

Futher rules, if we missed any will be posted on the announcements at www.newbiesplayground.com

We reserve the right to add to the rules and change things a bit if we messed up or forgot something. We want to be fair and get the best results we can from the contest. If you have suggestions, email to gcbchome62@aol. com.

THIS IS NON PROFIT, NO MONEY OR ANY GRATIFICATION WILL BE MADE BY THIS CONTEST. MONEY WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED IN ANY FORM FOR THIS CONTEST OR UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.

IF LEGAL ISSUES ARISE FROM THIS CONTEST, THE MATTERS WILL BE SETTLED IN THE UNREAL COURTS, AND THE PRIZE WILL BE DONATED TO A VERY WORTHY CHARITY, ME...(SPARKY)....

I HAVE NOT POSTED THIS ON OTHER FORUMS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO PASS THIS ON AS IT IS OPEN TO ALL MAP MAKERS
Oldsparky

Time is slipping away

Post by Oldsparky »

Contest ends December 10th.
Minky-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Thanks All

Post by Minky-(DOG)- »

Well, what can I say my friends; I am so over the moon that one of my maps has been picked as winner for this winters Dog map contest. I must thank 3D for his last minute advice and my wife for putting up with my late night candle lit vertex pastings. Not to mention my kids who have started to wonder who I am. Thanks again woofers, regards Minky.
Oldsparky

Thank you

Post by Oldsparky »

Thanks Minky for the hard work, and the prize is on the way. Thanks to Jeff from Js maps, he had retired from making unreal 1 maps but came back as a personal favor to me. Thanks a million my friend.

Sparky