Contest maps

Questions, Informations and Discussions
Oldsparky

Contest maps

Post by Oldsparky »

The maps must be emailed to me at
gcbchome62@aol.com

Has anyone seen any reference to our map contest on any forum or unreal web site?

Are we being ignored?
GoodOleTaco

Post by GoodOleTaco »

If you like I can visit some of the forums I visit and post an invitation..what u think?
PsiTrix[MoA]
FOD
FOD

Post by PsiTrix[MoA] »

my map is well under way, i got a basic layout already done, just refining it before tricking it out.

we're looking at a duh deathmatch map here - its a bit to intense / fast at the moment so im scaling up some of the rooms to ballance it out.

i posted up info about the contest on the uf4e forum 8)
UnLeaded
FOD
FOD

Post by UnLeaded »

PsiTrix[MoA] wrote:my map is well under way, i got a basic layout already done, just refining it before tricking it out.

we're looking at a duh deathmatch map here - its a bit to intense / fast at the moment so im scaling up some of the rooms to ballance it out.
ehem... curved architecture... :o
-> UnLeaded <-
PsiTrix[MoA]
FOD
FOD

Post by PsiTrix[MoA] »

lol - polycount :roll:
UnLeaded
FOD
FOD

Post by UnLeaded »

PsiTrix[MoA] wrote:lol - polycount :roll:
Poly-smolly count! Live dangerously! Zone my man, Zone! :wink:
-> UnLeaded <-
GOOGZ
FOD
FOD

Post by GOOGZ »

que?!?! :shock:
PsiTrix[MoA]
FOD
FOD

Post by PsiTrix[MoA] »

just finished my entry, emailing it asap :)
}TCP{Wolf
FOD
FOD

Post by }TCP{Wolf »

HOLY CRAP!!

I'm sorry! I think, if you had expected me or others to put your info on our clans' respective boards, you should have explicitely asked us todo so, it certainly would have been no problem.

For some reason, I was under the impression you had mailed your information to everyone you wished to participate. So indeed I did not read through everything, as I am no mapper and I thought I was in your mailing list just so I could see whats going on, but I did forward your mail to someone who might have been interested in it as a mapper, time permitted: Krull.

My apologies again. Stupid things happen...

Now... what I am wondering is if I was the only one who genuinly misunderstood your eMail and the rest truly ignored it or if really everybody wasn't clear about it. Maybe you would like to email everybody again and clarify the topic, or simply post on the boards yourself. After all, there are people from loads of clans here on your board too.

Let me know what you want to do about it.
-=]HONESTY PAYS[=-
Oldsparky

Map contest

Post by Oldsparky »

No its all good. We have several maps on the server and more on the way I hear. Contest ends Friday.

Woofers :wink:
UnLeaded
FOD
FOD

Post by UnLeaded »

How about a contest map day? (maybe Saturday) Where everyone can play the contest maps to see them.
-> UnLeaded <-
Oldsparky

The winner is Sinji for DMEygptTemple

Post by Oldsparky »

You can see all the maps that were in the contest on woofersville and Sickpups. You can download them at
http://clients.overkill-systems.net/dog ... st%20Maps/

Also latest cache update includes the maps that would run.

Many thanks to the Judges for accomplishing a very difficult job. All the maps were great and great fun and we look for many hours in the future playing them, but alas there could only be one winner. Thanks to the server supporters here on newbies, for purchasing the hard drive prize. Hope we have enough funds in the future for another contest. The server rent is paid thru the end of October for both servers. This is great news so we are assured newbies will be around for the next quarter. A very big thankyou to the map guys who submitted their work and we, the Unreal community appreciate you, and thats what the contest was all about. A little recognition for the hard work you guys do for free for the game we all love to play. Salute!