A disappearance of 3

Post articles here relating to real life problems, not problems related to unreal.
Forum rules
This is for real life posts. Remember our decency rules.
Leo(T.C.K.)
FOD
FOD

A disappearance of 3

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

This has been bothering me for quite a while, something that hasn't been resolved.

Since 2013, nobody has heard of the player/admin "3", known as andy hendry also.

He wasn't much active on Unreal (ocassionaly only), mostly on Unreal Tournament where he and cardi (Cardiologist, a known mapper) have been running their server.

At some point cardi left and 3 has asked me to maintain the server at some point, he gave me admin rights and he gave me the task of continuing with cardi coop, ccoop in short.

I stopped with the ccoop version numbering and instead worked on something called ccoopl. Around the same time gopostal started running his ut coop server with his own fork from ccoop.

I remember 3 being a little upset that gopostal didn't even ask if he can use ccoop as a base, because it would be fine with him. But he preferred that he asks.

Before gopostal there was even another fork, which was extended to be much more, afcore's ecoop.

Each of us ended up running different new maps in the end though.

For ccoopl 3 had several mappacks for me to add, so I started doing that.

Ccoopl grew and grew, I included additional fixes, figured out with zeur major problems like how to fix the bnodelete stinger in "chapel of the elders", which involved a bit of a hack.

Until 2013 when I finally released the UPSX E1P1 demo, I sent the link to 3 and asked if he likes this so I can add it to ccoopl.

He answered me with that I should add it (I already wrote some support for it beforehand)...

And...this is where things get weird.

You see, I remember writing it and sending it to him. Yet recently, I went through all the messages stored on the mail server. Granted, there might be trace in some of the failed harddrives, but....

There is nothing online. What's worse even that the file seems to be gone from unrealtexture, where I've lost the login to in the last year and diehard was unreachable. All logins to his site were disabled suddenly, not just mine...

Call me weird or whatever, but something definitely went on.

It was also 2013 when I started experiencing several paranormal phenomena and right now the explanation for the missing message and the last version of ccoopl could be that it was in a parallel universe.

But 3 still hasn't been heard from, even though I am clearly "back here"...

If there's anyone out there to help resolve this, please I ask you for your help.

I was shocked to find that the last version of ccoopl is missing from both unrealtexture public space and from the e-mail conversations.

It was also around that time that I took the strange trip that ended up with me seeing the "Gray Man" IRL and similar. A failed trip that was like rigged to fail, with BUS driver leaving me to walk kilometers into another town.

I didn't reach my intended destination and had to go back and there I saw him, the "hatman" standing at the corner of the street/square, gesturing towards me and then he just vanished when some young people started appearing from behind.

At some point later I convinced myself I must have had some hallucinations.

It was also on Delacroix's insistance that I must have been so exhausted that it's not strange etcetera.

But I know it wasn't truly the case. I also had nightmares of shapeshifters and creatures similar to the legends of the mothman.

Delacroix told me that "And now you're becoming one of THEM."

Which really frightened me though I did later repeat that phrase with NeoNite when there was talk about some tv series featuring vampires and I said something like "Perhaps I'm becoming one of them."

And he reacted with that "This one pretends to be mentally ill." or something

Well, here I am now, with still no answers and with me remembering something that there are no records of.
I'm in grave IRL trouble, please donate:

https://ko-fi.com/supportleotck41959
Leo(T.C.K.)
FOD
FOD

Re: A disappearance of 3

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Of course there can be a simple explanation, somehow the mail didn't store it or it got deleted somehow, but it is still very very strange.

Like I started to think, someone would cover his tracks.
I'm in grave IRL trouble, please donate:

https://ko-fi.com/supportleotck41959