The Irony of Life

Post articles here relating to real life problems, not problems related to unreal.
Forum rules
This is for real life posts. Remember our decency rules.
GoodOleTaco

The Irony of Life

Post by GoodOleTaco »

Talk about tough times...on July 31st The company I work for is gonna shut down..for good. That means that Taco will be Joining the unemployed masses. It will not be easy for this 40 yr old man to find job in a city where companies are looking for young un who will work for much less..and thousands competing for those few available jobs. All I got on my side is 7 yrs experience in customer service and my Faith on God.

At the same time...On tuesday we got the news that the wife is expecting, carrying a bundle, with child, or as you americans say..preggers. Very excited...and looking forward to it...of course a bit worried as wife is 37 yrs old...last time we tried we lost the baby...and its been 8 yrs since daughter was born. Samantha is very excited and is praying to God everynight that it be a baby girl. If her prayers are answered she will be named Sofia Carolina..which means wisdom and joy..there you go Mike...lol.

I would appreciate your thoughts and prayers on both matters. Gracias Amigos!
OoiGooEE
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Re: The Irony of Life

Post by OoiGooEE »

"I've got good news and some bad news"

First the bad news:
X2Alpha wrote:That means that Taco will be Joining the unemployed masses. It will not be easy for this 40 yr old man to find job in a city where companies are looking for young un who will work for much less..and thousands competing for those few available jobs.
Join the club. Got laid off April 17th and have had 1 interview since, I'm 47 and my last two jobs were out of state.

Next the good news:
X2Alpha wrote:On tuesday we got the news that the wife is expecting, carrying a bundle, with child, or as you americans say..preggers. Very excited...and looking forward to it...

What a blessing that you at least have another chance. I'm hoping and praying for a good outcome (hopefully a little Sofia) :)

Keep your head up buddy. Wishing you the best.
OoiGooEE-{DoG}-

Work to Eat - Eat to Live - Live to Love - Love to Play - Play at Work
{{{The Circle of Life}}}
"Semper Canis"
Oldsparky

Post by Oldsparky »

There will be a way made. Tell the wifey to stay away from the fish soup and ease up on the taco sauce.
wever.nl-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Post by wever.nl-(DOG)- »

CONGRATS on the pregnancy to u and the mrs !!!! I'm way happy for u guys !!!!

Now about the name....nice of u to mention Wis if its a girl, but make sure u dont forget me when its a boy !!!!

Tell the mrs to stay off the taco's !! SO happy for u !!!
--= Keep Running =--

Post by GoodOleTaco »

Thank you all for you comments, best wishes and words encouragment..and John...I hope That bad CS was never from me..lol. Now lets go shoot some monsters!!!
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

Sorry to hear about your work :(
Yep, here it's the same with work. When you want to find a job you must be about 20 and have 10 years of working experience. Hope you will find something new very soon.

Don't worry about the age. My Mom was 37 when I was born. If it will be a girl, Sofia Carolina is a very nice name. I once should be named Karolina but then I was named Sara Karina, but I would like the full name more :lol:
You are in my Thoughts and best Wishes for family and work

Kami
GoodOleTaco

Post by GoodOleTaco »

11 yr wedding anniversary on Saturday...its not all bad news...celebrated by going to the movies...nice theater with relcining leather seats and waiters...was funny...
wever.nl-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

She hold up with u that long ?? Woohoo..thats worth another congratulation !!
--= Keep Running =--

Post by Centaurus »

This economy is hitting everyone hard. I may be going into forclosure myself in a few months. Good luck to us all.
{ISV-K}Tool-Opiate
Centaurus C1
scoobysnax

12 years and going strong
GoodOleTaco

Post by GoodOleTaco »

Lol U turd :lol:
wever.nl-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

We need an update on this :)
So, if u'd like to share....share !
--= Keep Running =--

Post by GoodOleTaco »

Regarding Work

Well with the severance pay I bought from them 5 computers, chairs and tables. So Hooked up to my cable modem and walla! A mini cyber caffe minus the coffee. I also got a An modded Xbox, a used PS2 and together with my Wii ive set up aroom where I rent emm for half hour/ hour to the local kids. Bought a printer to do print Jobs for the local Kids. Put up a snack stand and are even uploading pics and music to Mp3s, Cells and PSPs.

Its been slow but steady. Im lucky enough to not have competition too close..the only other one setup is expensive according to the local kids due to the fact that they were the only ones. So I got these 5 computers with 256 ram, 2.0 Proccesor and 40 HD churning along my "1mb" Internet connection..lol! Im basically opening in the afternoons (Afterschool) from 5-10 pm. Im also offering PC maintanece and software installation and help emm get rid of all them nasty spybots and such.

Wife was a bit wary at first but she is seeing it may actually help us make a living. Next step is in the morings offer Computer, Office 07 and English courses. All them years of slowly learing how to do things, and actually liking anything computer and video game related are helping me get through these tough times. BTW...I do not pay rent coz Im set up in part of my home. ;)

I am working hard to get things going as the new baby is due in March. So far all is good. healthwise for wife and baby. We are in a discussion tho as she wants a boy and I want another girl. hehe :lol: So we got people telling us if the tummy is down low...or up hight...if its rounded or pointy..what is it u call it..Midwives tales? These one lady said it was gonna be a boy because my wifes face was round..lol!

I thank God that he has given me an oportunity for self employment. I will work on this until December and if does not get off the ground then Job hunting I will go..but I trust it will work. Anyone on for a lil 1 vs 1 Halo 2 on the xbox?
wever.nl-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Thanks for the update, glad u all are ok!
Its good to hear ur busy doing things, and more important: WITH the mrs approval :)))

So, ur running ur own datacenter now..lol..next thing ur gonna make ur own power station :)
--= Keep Running =--

Post by Oldsparky »

Is there a sign saying don't eat the Fish soup?