SickPup

Post articles here relating to real life problems, not problems related to unreal.
Forum rules
This is for real life posts. Remember our decency rules.
Oldsparky

SickPup

Post by Oldsparky »

Well Sickpup/Joe just left in a ambulance for a visit to the hospital.. High heart rate, and low oygen level. Will keep you posted. Some good news his PET scan done recently turned out normal. I think he may have pneumonia again. :cry:
wever.nl-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Re: SickPup

Post by wever.nl-(DOG)- »

Hope he's doing ok.

Take care !
--= Keep Running =--
-(DOG)-

Post by OoiGooEE »

I'm really sorry to hear that Sparky. I hope he feels better soon, I wish the best for both of you...i don't know what else to say.

Take care, God bless,
Sean :cry:
Little Daisy Sunshine
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by Little Daisy Sunshine »

You know I am praying.

((((((((( hug )))))))))
On Earth, as it is in Heaven...

www.firesong.com
solo=(cat)=
FOD
FOD

Post by solo=(cat)= »

sorry to hear, hope he gets better real quick,
ps: let me know if you need a cat scan or a lab test
Oldsparky

Post by Oldsparky »

Well just got back from intensive care to visit Joe. His stats are now much much better, however his CO2 level remains high. After we found he has had no seizure meds since yesterday and a bit of a fit throwing by the Old One I think maybe we have got their attention. Its a long story with incompanent doctors that I wont bore you with here. But lets say I got their attention. :twisted:
Little Daisy Sunshine
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

:shock: :shock:

I bet you did.

www.firesong.com
Oldsparky

Post by Oldsparky »

Well, he is holding his own. He has double pneumonia and has the CO2 problem is the main event. He finally is getting his seizure meds, and the front line primary care physician should be back in play today. Wish I could just disappear at will. Any way his vital signs are good, we will see what kind of a night he had last night later. Will keep you updated.
[IMA]BlondePsycho
FOD
FOD

Post by [IMA]BlondePsycho »

All my best wishes to you , Betty and of course Joe. :)
You know all about the probs with pneumonia so I don't need to tell/give you any advice:)
Your in my thoughts:)
Tell him he needs to get better quick so he can get home and tell you NOT to punk people lol:)
Wisdom(DOG)
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by Wisdom(DOG) »

Wow Glen,
Does it ever get easy? Man, I'm praying for you, Betty and Joe! Hope all goes well now that you've woken them up. Ya know you shouldn't have to worry weather or not he's gonna survive the hospital care, man, that just ain't right! Be waiting to hear from you. And if you get to where you wanna kill something, you can always come in and punk Turok any time....with my blessing. Hope Joe gets home soon. Sue also sends her best and is praying for ya too!This Has Been....
Words Of Wisdom!!:)
Oldsparky

Post by Oldsparky »

Joe is out of intensive care. His pneumonia is improving. They took away all of his drugs except essential drugs required to prevent seizures. He is in a Myclonus state, jerking and such and probably will be unable to walk at this point. They are supposed to put back the drugs that treat the jerks and anti myclonus jerks. A very nice side point to this situation, with the Benzo's removed he is wide awake and the Old Joe/Sickpup is still in there. It was great to see him awake, coherent and a statement to me "Dad I love you", when I asked if there was anything he wanted to say while he was so frisky mentally. :D Its amazing to me how many health care professionals come in the room and don't know he is blind or unable to take pills by him self. Guess they don't read the charts of the patients. Makes you sorta wonder about our High Cost low quality medical care. He finally got breakfast, late, after his mom called to see how he was, and informed them he couldnt place a breakfast order or eat it when it arrived.
Little Daisy Sunshine
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

ohhhhhh that is wonderful that you were able to have that talk. :D :D :D

Still praying here... and I have hope. :)

www.firesong.com
OoiGooEE
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by OoiGooEE »

It's nice to hear that Joe was able to speak to you but I'm sure you always knew he was in there and how he felt. I'm praying for you all (in my own way).

Having worked in the healthcare industry on and off for the last 15 years, it still amazes me the sometimes callous disregard for the life they are caring for. Under staffing, overworking and the seemingly endless bureauacracy should never be an excuse for the fundamentals of the profession, patient care. Unfortunately the profession seems to attract cold, uncaring and selfish individuals as the system tries to rotate patients in and out, faster and faster. :x Of course there are kind, caring and selfless healthcare workers. I usually find them in Labor and Delivery. :wink:

Please forgive my diatribe (I could go on and on), I'm in a mood today. :evil:

Take care,
Sean
Wisdom(DOG)
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by Wisdom(DOG) »

Wow Sparky,
That's just craziness, and it seems to me it always happens when you don't have a voice in whats going on, even if it's something as typical as getting the right medication or in this case, even eating. I know one thing for sure, I wouldn't want to be at the receiving end of your finding all this out, bet they don't make that mistake anytime soon!! And ya know, now I understand what keeps you going strong through all this, your faith, and those times that Joe is able to let you know you mean so much to him. That to me says it all! You folks are amazing and inspirational. Hope you get him home really soon my friend. This Has Been....
Words Of Wisdom!!:)
Oldsparky

Post by Oldsparky »

Joe continues to improve. He is in a standard ward and the pneumonia is improving. He is doing much better.