meee

Post articles here relating to real life problems, not problems related to unreal.
Forum rules
This is for real life posts. Remember our decency rules.
solo=(cat)=
FOD
FOD

meee

Post by solo=(cat)= »

After reading sick puppies story i felt compelled to tell more about my issues in game,
usualy i dont do so for 3 reasons

1) i want to escape from thinking about them and have a good time so to escape my troubles
2) ive found it gets other people down
3) few people understand me

but never the less I have ADHD wich is so misunderstood and the point is with the addictive aspect and the drug thing,
I can so relate to that, as the proportion of people who are adicted to drugs who have ADHD is so very much higher than the general population.

fortunatly drugs wernt on the scene when I was young. sadly here in the UK the awareness let alone treatment for adult adhd has been as good as non existent over the last decade or two. the government may have finaly recognised some 30 years late that the UK is n fact way behind on this issue and has agonisingly slowly developed a report wich might help to at least start to change this.

Also especialy with ADHD is a feeling of not being able to stop.

it clears up why the kitten rolling a joint pic was especially inapropriate here,
although it was so cute and funny i never thought of it being so.
but its lolcat pictures like that and cats in general wich have allowed my survival over the last many years.

its sad to say that most people with adhd will struggle on with it but will fal down at some point and end up being treated for other conditions wich result from it being untreated for so long, and those people wil likely have no clue about adhd at all or worse totaly wrong misconceptions, not just in the uk either althought its undoubtedly worse here, also a child with adhd pushes normal parents abilities to cope and often breaks them apart, but as its genetic the parents are more likely to have it too and be far less able to cope.

not to mention people with adhd tend to be atracted to eachother too as their excitement requirment levels are higher, wich creates a double whammy, expecialy as people who have underage unprotected sex are also far more likly to have ADHD than the general population.

i could go on ... but best to stop here, but to say people with adhd can sometimes also do incredible things other people can only dream of, often creative things, technicaly in my case or more often artisticaly, but this just goes to make it harder for other people to understand the other problems.
Little Daisy Sunshine
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Re: meee

Post by Little Daisy Sunshine »

Well, with us here, you found a safe place to talk. There are alot of good people here, and people with
lives that have issues. We do what we can to help and sometimes all we can do, is listen. But,
that helps too. So no worries on sharing here. :)

(((((((((((( hugs ))))))))))))))
On Earth, as it is in Heaven...

www.firesong.com
solo=(cat)=
FOD
FOD

Post by solo=(cat)= »

thanks for the hugs, and plenty back too,

i was going to add this link i came accross latly,
its a radio show done by a DJ with ADHD,
theres some text on the BBC website,
but theres also the recording of the show too,
the thing that stuck in my mind is that you could fill the entire wembly football stadium with kids with ADHD and not find two the same.

(a bit like cats eh !)

oh yeah the link i nealry forgot to put it in the escond time lol
http://www.bbc.co.uk/1xtra/tx/documenta ... razy.shtml
ive already written a couple of important emails today,
and posted on some other forums too.
iamnotmyself-(DoG)-
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by iamnotmyself-(DoG)- »

ADHD huh? Well... I think i am developing cudd... (chronic unreal deathmatch disorder) I cant seem to stop playing this game! But seriously, im glad you feel able to open yourself up here and talk. Everyone is friendly here. (even to cats...)
[IMA]BlondePsycho
FOD
FOD

Post by [IMA]BlondePsycho »

Welll...I DO have COLD.. Chronic Obstuctive Lung Disease.. but what i think is most prevalent is .. my SID......
Stoopid Idiot Syndrome.....lol
hehhe me
[IMA]turok_um
FOD
FOD

Post by [IMA]turok_um »

Thats a bad disease to,,,lol,
[IMA]turok_um
FOD
FOD