We have lost a friend.

Post articles here relating to real life problems, not problems related to unreal.
Forum rules
This is for real life posts. Remember our decency rules.
DaveAnd___
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by DaveAnd___ »

Kim, I really dont know what to say - deepest condolences.
My thoughts are with you.
cpuenvy
-(DOG)- Council Admin
-(DOG)- Council Admin

Post by cpuenvy »

Life is sometimes too short ):

I have known Don for 4 or 5 years now. He was the first one to ask me into a clan, and I played and chatted with him often over the years. We did not always see eye to eye, as he was as stubborn as myself. The last time I played against him a few weeks ago, we had a great match, and I am happy to say that at least we could leave it there and not with the words we have exchanged in the past.

This is very sad. We are all thinking of you Kim, and your family. Don seemed to be a very dedicated person, going to school to better your lives at the age he did. Not many people do a career change into IT at the age he did, and personally I think that is highly commendable.

Don, you will be greatly missed by many. Perhaps we will meet again, at the great LAN party in the sky.

Keep us posted, if you can, about arrangements.

Take care :(
{KDS}Rewind
FOD
FOD

Post by {KDS}Rewind »

Kim,

Words can’t express my thoughts for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family.

If there is anything I can do, please let me know.

Rick
a.k.a. {KDS}Rewind
Last edited by {KDS}Rewind on Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
cookiemonster[MoA]
FOD
FOD

Post by cookiemonster[MoA] »

Kim, I am so sorry for your loss. I will be praying for the Lord to give you strength to get you and your family through this very tough time in life.
{hLk}Havok
FOD
FOD

Post by {hLk}Havok »

thoughts and prayers with friends and family of Don. Had a heart attack myself at the ripe old age of 33. While I made it w/o complications, it was a scarey and emotional time for my family, so I have a feel for what you guys are going through and I wouldnt wish it upon anyone. Again we'll keep u and urs in our prayers.

{hLk}Havok
Little Daisy Sunshine
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by Little Daisy Sunshine »

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Kim..... I am beyond shocked. I am so so sorry.....

You will be in my prayers. I wish I could be there to give you a hug, to hold your hand, to cry with you. I am just so so sorry.

Deborah

aka Daisy
On Earth, as it is in Heaven...

www.firesong.com
Little Daisy Sunshine
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by Little Daisy Sunshine »

From Larry:

'please send my deepest sympathies to Kim.... this is a reality check as
to what's important...'
On Earth, as it is in Heaven...

www.firesong.com
Joker
FOD
FOD

Post by Joker »

this is definetly not something to joke about, I dont know what to say!
im so sorry! :cry:
haHaHA!!
GOOGZ
FOD
FOD

Post by GOOGZ »

:( :( :(
so sorry for your loss Kim, God bless Don, may he Rest In Peace,..
and may God give you and your family the strength at this very difficult time

...to him we belong and to him shall be our return...

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Oldsparky

Gifts of remembrance

Post by Oldsparky »

If anyone would like to use the paypal account here on newbies for flowers or to help offset Kims expenses you may use it at will and earmark the funds for Turok and I will see she receives it. This is one way to help since most of us physically cannot be there to help. I have transferred all of the funds to a bank account that will be accessable by Friday at the latest. I will Forward the funds via international money order and snail mail on Friday. If additional funds are received they will be processed in the same manner. Thanks to all of you helping Turok with the expense incurred at this trying time. If anyone objects to this plan please let me know if you would like something different done with your donation. This will not be a problem..

Glen/Sparky
Last edited by Oldsparky on Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike a.k.a. Wisdom

Post by Mike a.k.a. Wisdom »

Kim, I'm very sorry to hear that Don has passed. It has really hit me hard because I do feel that the Unreal friends are as close to me if not closer than my own family. I know I definitely spend more time with everyone here than I do with them so know that it feels like the loss of a family member to alot of us here. He was a great man and good friend. I've always appreciated the both of you, our friendship, the hours we've talked and the help that he was always willing to give me with any problem I encountered. I always looked forward to any time that he was playing, enjoying every map we played. I'll be praying for you both and he'll always be remembered in highest regards. This is the hardest thing I've ever dealt with online and it isn't any different for me than if you lived right next door. Know that we're all with you Kim in heart and soul. God has blessed me to have the both of you as friends. We love you Kim and your loss is felt by us all. The next few days, I know, are going to be rough. We pray for God to give you the strength to handle the days ahead. God Bless You Don!! And we love you Kim!! Mike
Vixen
FOD
FOD

Post by Vixen »

{{{{{Kim}}}}}... I am so sorry... Just so you know you are in all of our thoughts and prayers...... xo

For the troubles we see will soon be over, but the joys to come will last forever....
Knight

Thanks

Post by Knight »

I would like to thank everyone who has taken the time and heart to reply to this very sad post :( . I have known alot of you for a very long time , and im honored to say that my father spoke very highly of many of you. He was a great man, always smiling or trying to make some one else smile. The times he spent online with you guys was a time for him to sit down and have some fun with the friends he loved. We are all going to miss him very much (tears) i would also like to that you guys for the support and loyal friendship you have shown to my mother she is a great woman and im glade to see she has people she can talk to.

Knight(MiB)
Oldsparky

Brandon

Post by Oldsparky »

Not like I need to tell you this, but take good care of your mom she is very special Lady. Stay close for a while, she needs your support.

Sparky
MYSTERYGUY1980

Post by MYSTERYGUY1980 »

I am sorry about the loss of Don. Kim my prayers are with you. I was completely speechless when Glenn told me. It kind of felt like someone took the breath right out of me. Take care and my the Lord be with you.