Speedy Unreal?

POST TOPICS GENERAL IN NATURE RELATED TO UNREAL
Forum rules
Remember our site rules for decency and language. Do not use racial, gender or other unacceptable undertones.
rustyScrew
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Speedy Unreal?

Post by rustyScrew »

Hi. I got a semi old laptop from a friend in hopes that I could play Unreal on the go. But I have run into an issue. When I am playing the game the game seems to be playing in turbo mode with everything moving a lot faster than normal. Even during the fly screen it moves slowish, then speeds up then slowish then speeds up. Any ideas as to what setting I might be able to change to fix this?
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Re: Speedy Unreal?

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

Hi :)
It sounds like you play without fps limit.
Is VSync enabled in your video driver?
When you run the game with OpenGL you could also set a constant fps in case you don't want to enable VSync in your video driver.
rustyScrew
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Post by rustyScrew »

Hi Kami,

I am using the same install I have from my other machine, so it's 226 running Direct3D. As for VSync, it is on.
SpiNacH
FOD
FOD

Post by SpiNacH »

I seem to recall long ago others with the same issue Rusty. I think the solution was either to disable power saving mode on the cpu, as I think it would keep switching from low idle state to full power state, causing the speed up slow down issue. If that doesn't work, try setting affinity to only use one core for the game.
rustyScrew
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Post by rustyScrew »

It totally was the power settings! Spin, you are a genius!