NEWBIESPLAYGROUND - TEST-Servers online!!

POST TOPICS GENERAL IN NATURE RELATED TO UNREAL
Forum rules
Remember our site rules for decency and language. Do not use racial, gender or other unacceptable undertones.
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

NEWBIESPLAYGROUND - TEST-Servers online!!

Post by strategy-(DOG)- »

hey there!

you might have heard about the rumours, that the current host of newbiesplayground servers - "ultimate game servers" - is closing down. well, this is a fact, ugs announced first, they are closing down, then announced that they would move all clients and servers to "clanwarz", cancelled that and latest news announced by ugs, they'd move everything to "truxgo" host.
well, out of question that OldSparky immediately gave order to look out for alternatives. not to mention that not too many hosts are serving unreal 1 these days, and even considering hosting on a dedicated server, we have now new gameservers online - currently on a trial period. therefor we'd like you to support us by testing these servers on this weekend.
for sure there were some issues but right now they all seem to be stable. you can look them up on all servers browser. the classic newbiesplayground servers moved to dallas/usa, another two servers are located in london/uk:

- MONSTERMASH 850 Maps - 216.151.209.219:7778
- MONSTERMASH INF - 216.151.209.219:7780
- SICKPUPPYS DOGHOUSE 227i RED - 216.151.209.219:7782
- JACKALS COOP TKR_Spawner - 216.151.209.219:7784

- ADVANCED COOP 227j - 94.76.206.15:7780
- ENHANCED TEAMDEATHMATCH - 94.76.206.15:7782

there is also a new TEAMSPEAK 3 Server - address and login information you can find in DOG'S ONLY section "TeamSpeak".

ok, so, hope to see you there!
WOOF! WOOF!
[ no tolerance for intolerance ]
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Re: NEWBIESPLAYGROUND - TEST-Servers online!!

Post by strategy-(DOG)- »

due to the continuing problems we had with the U.S. (Dallas) located servers within only this first week since setup, OldSparky decided that we shut down the 4 servers @ i3D.
the 2 remaining UK-located servers @ i3D (ADVANCED COOP, ENHANCED TEAM DEATHMATCH) will be continued for the present.

so, the classic NEWBIESPLAYGROUND.COM servers will move to Truxgo (although they are currently still not working, due to Truxgo host) - location Chicago.
Right now the UGS servers are still online, but probably will shut down without further announcement. host-panel @ UGS is not accessible anymore.

besides that, the newly aqcuired teamspeak3 server is shut down as well and should be replaced by a new one at Truxgo.
the current ts3 server, that is used by DOGs and running in my network will stay online (i'm considering to give access to my ts3-server to friends of newbies as well, if there should be a demand).

well, these are the latest news about the NEWBIES game-servers!
WOOF! WOOF!
[ no tolerance for intolerance ]