Newbies 2012

POST TOPICS GENERAL IN NATURE RELATED TO UNREAL
Forum rules
Remember our site rules for decency and language. Do not use racial, gender or other unacceptable undertones.
Oldsparky

Newbies 2012

Post by Oldsparky »

Always remember, Sickpups is why the DOGS exist. Without it the DOG tag is kinda lost in the coop shuffle.

Many play coop today because people play on line to play with other real people. Since the Coop players are where the activity is, many have only played coop and don't even know what they are missing. And sad but true, many DM players have left the game due to inactivity on the DM servers. If I could populate and train players as I have in the past in KOTH, these statistics you see would be in reverse, with KOTH being the most populated server as in the past. I am unable physically to do what I have done in the past, therefore the coop servers rule. This takes hours of playing and the correct method of taunting players to do better to compete in KOTH. The KOTH server used to be 12 player and full a lot. There are always DM players hanging around, checking the server list to find some activity taking place, but many don't want to play certain players and don't want to be the first to Join a empty server. Takes guts to play all that appear on KOTH server when your setting there waiting for someone to show up. Some players are really tuff to beat, and no one likes to lose over and over. This is also a problem on KOTH as many who remained are near pro level players. Do I have a solution, NO, or I would have pushed it a long time ago.

DOG is Death or Glory, kinda applies specifically to KOTH. This is not meant to belittle the importance of COOP or coop clan members. Many in the Game like Leela and Spinach and Jackal are avid COOP players and a critical part of the Unreal Universe. The DOG clan is a old DM clan which moved into COOP after JACKALS playing in KOTH and talking to me about the demise of COOP and Nostaligia and how good a coop server could be. This, with his map files enabled us to move into COOP and fullfill a need. I think many thought we would fail in this project, as many were kinda jealous over how we have stayed thru the years even with our stricter rules. Then many of the outstanding coop players we have and have had, came to the rescue and saved and made this project grow to what it is today. The coop servers have turned out great, and I am perplexed about Sickpups and the few players that populate the MM servers.

Its been a long tough road since 1999 but we are still here and Woofing and looking forward to new things in unreal in 2013 and further progress on all of our servers with some new changes if we can dream them up. Each year with the map fixes and things made by our supporters, the servers continue to exist and grow in popularity. This is because of you, the clan.
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Re: Newbies 2012

Post by strategy-(DOG)- »

WOOF! WOOF! :D
[ no tolerance for intolerance ]
SpiNacH
FOD
FOD

Post by SpiNacH »

I wish to offer up an apology to Sparky and all the other Old dogs. I never meant to be dismissive of this great clan's DM heritage, and feel very proud to be included in such a clan, being the coop wimp that I am.

I realize that there really isn't such a thing as a coop clan, and that this status has only been granted by the graciousness of the Old One.

Although I was never an Unreal DM player, I did play a lot of Quake2 DM and CTF. And I realize that almost none of us coop players would have made the cut for DOG clan status in the old days.

But as interest in Unreal DM waned, interest in Unreal coop remained, and Sparky welcomed players with good attitude and heart over mad skillz, into the clan. And such is the state of the clan as it stands today IMO.

I also would like to see clan members able to show some competentcy in DM. (myself included). The only way to achieve this is to actually play on SickPup's. So hope to see a few other "coop wimps' on there, and if you see my name on the server list, at least you know there will be some easy kills coming your way :)

Keep Fraggin'.......Unreal Forever

SpiN

g
Oldsparky

Post by Oldsparky »

Actually, Spin, membership in the clan has never been based on playing ability. It's always been based on a desire to join the clan with understanding of the clan rules and a demostrated love for the game and people. We never had a entrance test like other clans. So the coop members that sport the DOG tag like you have met these difficult requirements which many fail to ever grasp. Congratulations to you and the other Coop players. Playing KOTh is not a requirement of membership, although its great fun and many dont know what they miss. Great fun and friendship, what dog is all about!
-§moKe-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by -§moKe-(DOG)- »

Oldsparky wrote:Actually, Spin, membership in the clan has never been based on playing ability. It's always been based on a desire to join the clan with understanding of the clan rules and a demostrated love for the game and people. We never had a entrance test like other clans. So the coop members that sport the DOG tag like you have met these difficult requirements which many fail to ever grasp. Congratulations to you and the other Coop players. Playing KOTh is not a requirement of membership, although its great fun and many dont know what they miss. Great fun and friendship, what dog is all about!
And as Spark can attest too. I am a KOTH-A-HOLIC. I am always down for KOTH or DM. It's the preferred gaming style of mine. I am not, nor have I ever been a Co-op player very much. I have always preferred the difficult challenge that DM, KOTH, or Pure KOTH have always presented. It suits my gaming nature.

I am willing and able to share bits of knowledge about how to play DM/KOTH.
The Law of Unintended Consequences does exist! Play Clean, Frag Hard and have Fun...

"I hold it, that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing..." -Letter to James Madison, 1787
g]Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)
Shred-(DOG)-

Post by Shred-(DOG)- »

Hi Spin how you doing bud long time.just wanted to let you know there are some of us that are real good dm players.I was playing dm for about 9 years an think iam not to bad :) but i know marv ol one smoke an a few others that play co op to.me i love coop cuz of you an all the great ppl who play it. There is never any pressure in coop just fun Shred
Oldsparky

Post by Oldsparky »

Still haven't seen Shred in any of our servers.????????