Appreciation for Kami aka Leela

POST TOPICS GENERAL IN NATURE RELATED TO UNREAL
Forum rules
Remember our site rules for decency and language. Do not use racial, gender or other unacceptable undertones.
SpiNacH
FOD
FOD

Appreciation for Kami aka Leela

Post by SpiNacH »

I have been playing Unreal coop for a very long time. Some of you may not know this, but most single player maps do not work properly online in coop.

So it takes someone with love of the game, and the knowledge to fix it, for us to enjoy the coop experience. That players name happens to be Leela (aka Kami to most of us).

She has spent an incredible amount of time fixing maps so we can all have some good Unreal coop fun. Her dedication to this game has no equal, and I cannot imagine what this game would be like without all her help.

Her contributions to the game have few peers, right up there with Sparky's, Jackal's and Smirfs, IMO.

Just wanted to say thanks Kami, as noone ever thanks you, and you are truly one of the unsung heroes of Unreal.
Oldsparky

Re: Appreciation for Kami aka Leela

Post by Oldsparky »

A truly great asset to the game. One among the very few talented people in Unreal 8) .
GoodOleTaco

Post by GoodOleTaco »

...and so passionate for the game. Kudos Kami!!
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

Ah lol, now I feel embarrassed and I become very red :oops: :lol:
But I'm only a very small wheel in the Unreal community. There are so many others, which have invested and still invest many time and work for this great old game.

Think about all the countless mappers, which have given us hundreds and thousands of custom maps. Maybe Unreal1 wouldn't be as popular as it is, without all those maps.
And all the countless mod writers, which have created lots of cool and fun stuff for the game.

Think of all the people, which still offer servers for this game, so it still can be played online. And of course all the admins working and spending their time for these servers. ( ;) to Spin :lol: )

And not to forget, Smirftsch and the team at Oldunreal, who have developed the fantastic 227 patch and still working hard to improve it more and more.
Zombie, Wolf and others, who have created the cool game types, which we all use.

Wolf (a.k.a. Tony Garcia, my first teacher :lol: ) and many many others, who have written great tutorials for the editor.

Of course Epic Mega Games, who have developed this fantastic game, that we still all love.

I also want to mention, all the people, who are sadly no longer among us, :cry: like Bushbeater for example who was a great mapper.
And all the countless players, who still play the game and keeping it alive.

There are surely much more, which I forgot here, but many of the mentioned are the real heroes of Unreal.
And there are many, who are very talented. ( ;) to Sparky :lol: ) Hehe, and many of them surely are more talented, than I ever could be.