Canned Server

POST TOPICS GENERAL IN NATURE RELATED TO UNREAL
Forum rules
Remember our site rules for decency and language. Do not use racial, gender or other unacceptable undertones.
Oldsparky

Canned Server

Post by Oldsparky »

From Newbies Playground Forum

Oldsparky Post subject: Get Your Server Here.Posted: 04 Mar 2009 12:36 pm

Download links:

http://69.90.34.150/unreal/UteamSTARTUPSERVER/ Uteam DM

http://69.90.34.150/unreal/JZCoopStartupserver/ JZCoop Version

Seems that everyone eventually wants an unreal server for some reason. To test maps on or just to run a Lan game to play friends or family. I will always help someone who wants to get a server running and spend many hours debugging and helping. So why not make it easier since people will do this anyway. This is set up as a DM server but can run Uteam or Coop or any of its mutators, including monstermash or INF.

First you must have an Unreal One cd. Epic files are not included in this install. You must do a clean install of unreal and apply the 225 patch found in our download section. This new install should run and at this point dont worry about setting it up. Just make sure it runs.

You then install this quickserver install found in this post. This will install files over the top of your new 225 install. This will be a dedicated 225 Uteam10G server, setup for Pure KOTH, or a JZ coop server depending on which one you install.

I have installed the pip skins, fixed big khuna skins, flexmaps, kickban and Nepthys Lite. It also includes Sniperparadises server add mod.

There is a beginning maps package installed with flex maps to get you going hopefully easy.

After the install navigate to the unreal folder and you will notice an Unreal Icon inside the folder. Clicking this Icon will start a dedicated server and an Unreal icon will appear in your task bar. (The start command is also in a text document in the unreal folder). You can right click on this task bar icon, once you have launched the server, to set options for the server or to see the server console. It doesnt take much of a computer to run this dedicated server. I have ran them on celeron 500s quite easily. I do not suggest you run the server and play on the same computer if others are going to play.

This is set to do uplinks to the master server and will do so if you dont change it. The manuals explaining uteam and the other mods will be found in the help folder in the unreal folder. If it doesnt show on the server list, its most likely you or your router and not this server. I would suggest setting the uplink and server beacons to off in the unreal.ini file while you customize your server and fine tune the settings. I have set an admin password but you but will have to dig in the advanced options for it.

Read the manuals in the help folder they are very smart and written by people much more savy than me.

You may delete the uninstall program from unreal found in the folder.

Good luck, have fun.

Sparky
Ps map rotation is at a rate of one minute for each map for testing purpose,, read the manuals In the HELP FOLDER!

This could be updated after it runs for 227.

My advice, don't use gold, find unreal one on ebay or amazon.
Old People Smell Funny