The Unreal 086 Project

POST TOPICS GENERAL IN NATURE RELATED TO UNREAL
Forum rules
Remember our site rules for decency and language. Do not use racial, gender or other unacceptable undertones.
Master_Unreal

The Unreal 086 Project

Post by Master_Unreal »

Copied from a post on UnrealSP
Alright, it's been quite awhile so I'll get down to some changes

For now this project has been renamed to "The Unreal 086 Project", this name is being used because of the version of the alpha unreal that we have, which is Unreal 0.86

I got very tired of working with the same stuff, over and over again, so I wanted to take a whole new step with this project. The current plans are to have

-Alpha weapons and creatures incorporated
-Alpha Level Descriptions incorporated into this project as well as some brand new ideas on top of those
-Standalone ( I'll get to this in a second )
-A great deal of new exploration standards (Backtracking, interactions with NPCs, etc)
-The mod will have it's own launcher (See Below)

Yes, this will be a standalone mod (Unless everyone votes otherwise), all Unreal I elements have been stripped with the exception of the textures and sound effects, Engine.u has been modified in terms of UnrealScript, So far the following has been added, these all have been sighted in previous unreal videos

-Strafe Tilting (Can be turned off if you don't want this feature, as well as tweaked so you can amplify the amount it tilts)
-First person death sequences(The original "fall over" sequence as well as a few new ones)
-The old view bob effect

I am using Unreal v200 at the moment (Strange isn't it?) to build this. Couple reasons for this are the CD Check, I believe that because of this I will be allowed to safely release this as standalone (Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm really not sure at all) that and I don't think that Engine.u is able to be modified in later versions.

I will port this so it works with a normal Unreal install eventually but at the moment my target is to make this standalone running with unreal 200. It's meant to be played in software rendering or glide if you really wish. Feedback and ideas are always great.

Edit: Brainstormed with Delacroix, got some nice story ideas down, new logo is shown in the launcher image
This probably won't work directly for coop as the amount of gameplay changes will be pretty big, but I figured you guys might be interested this
GoodOleTaco

Re: The Unreal 086 Project

Post by GoodOleTaco »

Very interesting
Master_Unreal

Post by Master_Unreal »

The Impaler (Cut weapon from Unreal, the skin however was still in the 98 beta along with the projectile for it, this is my UV map work though)

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/1408 ... hot281.png
Last edited by Master_Unreal on Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Master_Unreal

Post by Master_Unreal »

Been awhile for most who haven't seen me in the servers yet. Been working on other stuff and doing things in general. Here's some more screenshots of more recent stuff

FHub1U97.unr - In front of Rragijar Mine

FHub1U97.unr - Inside the complex before Rragijar Mine (DigU97.unr)

DigU97.unr - Engaging a Bigman

DigU97.unr - Let's go, Nali Slave

DigU97.unr - Get on out of here, Nali

DigU97.unr - Sneaking up on a Skaarj

DigU97.unr - Sneaking didn't go so well....

Each level that is a reintroduction (Sunspire, ISV-Kran, etc) Will have modifications to it such as different monster placements, new scripted events, a change in time of day, and new secret areas. Some new geometry will be added to interlink the new, never before seen "Alpha Levels" with the existing February Beta levels.

I will need a couple of people to beta test this so I can get some feedback on if there are too many monsters, not enough ammo, etc. Would help a lot, Thanks :mrgreen: