Unable to get into servers

POST TOPICS GENERAL IN NATURE RELATED TO UNREAL
Forum rules
Remember our site rules for decency and language. Do not use racial, gender or other unacceptable undertones.
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Re: Unable to get into servers

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

Taco plz try the following:

I know you have UnrealGold, but I think you still can chose the standard Unreal menu under options. Use that one and try to connect to a server.

PS: forgot something
If the new error should make trouble just do what Pitbull wrote and reset your inis first.
Move Unreal.ini and User.ini to another location and let Unreal create new ones.
Then make the test with the original Unreal menu.
I can't promise that it will work, but only a test can show it.
GoodOleTaco

Post by GoodOleTaco »

Thank you all for trying to get me fixed..I mean..unreal fixed..hehe. I think I might have to do a fresh install. That will take some digging around since I lost that Unreal CD..and I dont think I even have the original one anymore. I will prob work on this afternoon. I will keep you posted...
Oldsparky

Post by Oldsparky »

I also made changes to only the regular MM server and am working on helping cope right now. I need to know if its better to join now. Just the regular MM server is all I have changed any settings on.
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

Hiya :)

A new install surely cannot harm, but I think it's also important to find the reason for your problem because it could happen again even with a new install.
I checked your log and you get the connection to the server, but after a while it's canceled again.

I would like to see a serverlog at this point, but I've no working testserver right now for a test.

EDIT:
An important test is to make here, but we need Sparky's help for it.
Taco, you need to try a connect to a Newbies MM server. When you do this also the serverlog must be checked if something unusual happens here. You should make a copy of your Unreal.log after it and add it as an attachment (it's better because the syntax of the log stays original, makes it better readable).
Also Sparky should copy the part of the serverlog when you try the connection.

I can't explain in detail what I'm looking for right now, but there is something very strange in your logfile and it should be checked.

If possible you also should check the events in your antivir if something unusual happened.

Edit2:
Please make 2 tests. One with the skin you are usually have and one with a default skin like MaleOne Kurgan for example.
Oldsparky

Post by Oldsparky »

I have had some discussions with TCP Wolf and he is explaining to me what may be happening.
Because of marginal ISP connections or set up, Uteam detects the sometimes high ping and delays as
a speed hack, and therefore kicks and bans players for a couple of maps. He is reviewing problem to see if we can
circumvent it in anyway. Its the Speed Hack protection in UTeam he thinks. That would explain why no problems on Coop or the original
Sickpup server which is plain unreal.

Patience, we will find a answer. ;)
GoodOleTaco

Post by GoodOleTaco »

Ok...found a copy of my original Unreal. Deleted all of my Unreal Files...re-installed UGold226..installed Supercache 1-15...and was able to get in all Newbies server.

I really appreciate all the effort to try to get me in again....but..I am sticking to the way I had my Unreal before. No addons..no updates..no alterations..all my problems started when I started using different versions and stuff.

We'll see how it goes...Muchas Gracias Amigos!! :D :D :D
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

Hiya :)

good to hear its working again :-D :-D :-D

The reason why I was concerned about your logfile were those unknown packages - well unknown to me.
As Sparky told me, that was hackbusta - a cheatprotection or something like that. Never saw it before.
It's possible, that it was really speed hack from UTeamFix. I often got kicked from my testserver and banned for 2 mapchanges, but that always happened ingame not when I connected to it.
I'm not sure, but maybe this hackbusta caused your problems. Lets see how it'll work now.(thumb up) ;)

For the dino problem remember what I wrote. That should solve the crashes with them.
Make sure not to use LowSoundQuality and disable UseDirectSound.
DirectSound caused my editor to freeze at start. I only could work with it when I disabled Sound completely which was very annoying. But after I turned off DirectSound everything just works fine.
It seems those 2 dinos don't work very well with DirectSound enabled.
GoodOleTaco

Post by GoodOleTaco »

Just finished my first full map on MM Inf...wow..am I rusty! I even TKd DPierce...hehehe
GoodOleTaco

Post by GoodOleTaco »

Working just fine..having some fun MM gaming. But now Im having 2nd thoughts about re-installing Unreal....have gone to sleep late a few times..and wife not happy..lol. Brings back memories..lol :D Now..Where is Wever!?
wever.nl-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Post by wever.nl-(DOG)- »

right here :)

Hope to catch u in MM soon !!
--= Keep Running =--

Post by GoodOleTaco »

8-10 pm Pacific time... :D
wever.nl-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

GoodOleTaco wrote:8-10 pm Pacific time... :D
thats middle of the night here....cant do :(
--= Keep Running =--

Post by GoodOleTaco »

That never stopped you before..ur getting old...hehehehe. J/k :) maybe on the weekend then............old man ^_^
wever.nl-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

GoodOleTaco wrote:That never stopped you before..ur getting old...hehehehe. J/k :) maybe on the weekend then............old man ^_^
Weekends....hmmm...what is that ?
With small kids u have no weekend, u know that :)

Do miss those days to be honest :)
--= Keep Running =--