Do you see Unreal in the real world?

POST TOPICS GENERAL IN NATURE RELATED TO UNREAL
Forum rules
Remember our site rules for decency and language. Do not use racial, gender or other unacceptable undertones.
species8472
FOD
FOD

Do you see Unreal in the real world?

Post by species8472 »

When you are watching movies or TV do you ever notice similarities between certain scenes and Unreal maps or items?

I do not watch a lot of movies but whenever I do I am always seeing things that remind me of a map or stuff in one. It might be something as big as the whole layout or a small as the design of a bridge. Most of the movies I watch are sci-fi where there are a lot of things like the interiors of spaceships or in the medieval times where there are numerous Nali-like villages or devices. Some of the similarities as so close that they look like they were designed by the same person.

Recently, a movie called Cyclops ( I think) had an arena for gladiators that looked just like the Ancient Arena complete with the narrow dark tunnels. Other times there are modern scenes where the subway or street will definitely remind me some specific map.

I hope I am not the only one that sees these similarities everywhere. No matter how much or little I play I guess Unreal is ingrained in me.

species8472
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Re: Do you see Unreal in the real world?

Post by strategy-(DOG)- »

hi species,

no need to worry!
even i don't know the map-creators personally, i'm sure they have been influenced themselves by movies/games/history or real life when designing the maps of unreal.
more or less subtile and subjected to a creative mind - but the origins are mostly based by something "experienced". so it is not as surprising that you might be reminded to the one or other image in your head since you faced partly similiar "experiences" :)

greets!
[ no tolerance for intolerance ]
GoodOleTaco

Post by GoodOleTaco »

Maxxi one thought a pair of skates where jumpboots :D
GoodOleTaco

Post by GoodOleTaco »

Back in the day, I worked nights a few times a month..one day, tired and sleepy, driving back home..this car would not move on green, for a sec, i saw myself blasting it with an ASMD combo!
species8472
FOD
FOD

Post by species8472 »

Good one GoodOleTaco. If you could have done a combo just in front of the other car I would have loved to seen the driver's face when the loud combo went off.

species8472