Unreal 97: (Almost) Identical Remakes

POST TOPICS GENERAL IN NATURE RELATED TO UNREAL
Forum rules
Remember our site rules for decency and language. Do not use racial, gender or other unacceptable undertones.
Master_Unreal

Unreal 97: (Almost) Identical Remakes

Post by Master_Unreal »

Copied from my post at BeyondUnreal Forums
I opened up the Unreal 97 editor and looked at the models for a bit.....thinking of ways to get these out (what am I thinking, there IS no way to get them out) But then I looked at the Polygons mode for a second and thats when it hit me....

I took a top down snapshot of the firefly for starters, added red dots to mark each vertex, and loaded it into blender. After a few minutes the final result was such: Image

I then decided to take upon something more complex, and I did the blob......to my surprise it not only came out well, it looks almost identical to the blob from the actual unreal 97 alpha

The only oddity I can point out is the way the tentacle is mapped, but aside from that its very close. This leaves me sitting with one thing and one thing only in my sights......I'm sure I don't have to explain myself past this point

Stay tuned for more updates
Let me know if any mappers here <cough> BBG <cough> Leela (at some point in the future) would be interested in scripted versions of these monsters/creatures and later models (Woman, Bigman, <holy chanting noise> the Dragon <holy chanting noise end>) And I will be sure to get these out asap
Master_Unreal

Re: Unreal 97: (Almost) Identical Remakes

Post by Master_Unreal »

The Bigman UV's have been reworked, 3 skin variants were made

1. Big Man '97 (Original seen in the alpha)

2. Big Man 2 (I've noticed some screenshots of the big man showed a darker skin with more vibrant eyes, so I did this as well)

3. Big Man '96 (Anyone remember this guy? Yeah its a bit crappy and not nearly exact, I'll improve on it but I had to give this variant some attention too)

Dragon is next in line :D
Master_Unreal

Post by Master_Unreal »

I'm just now seeing this.......LOL
I give you............the dragon (insert various HammerFall chanting here -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTSEuu0d9Uc)

This one was by far the hardest one to recreate and surprisingly not because of the model itself, but because of the UV mapping. This was however one of the most fun to do. Opinions and feedback as always are extremely helpful

As for animations, those will be done after all models are done (Woman, possibly garygoyle? I'm at least giving that one a shot) They will either be, in the case of the woman and dragon, be based off current animations in a similar fashion to the Quake remakes, and just thinking of my own after that (UNBIBLE.RTF states some of the anims it was supposed to have)

The red dragon (the other half we don't have at least) will be done at a later time, up next is the woman
Master_Unreal

Post by Master_Unreal »

been a bit slow to post here, but a lot of stuff has been done, here is some 20 screenshots (a lot, i know Lol)