PC Upgrade VERY soon

POST TOPICS GENERAL IN NATURE RELATED TO UNREAL
Forum rules
Remember our site rules for decency and language. Do not use racial, gender or other unacceptable undertones.
Master_Unreal

PC Upgrade VERY soon

Post by Master_Unreal »

I finally got lucky and convinced my dad to help out with the $200 in parts I need to make a good upgrade, here will be the specs

EDIT: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition 3.2ghz
BIOSTAR A770E3 AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard
Same ol sound card (i dont need a new one Lol)
nVidia BFG GTX 275 896MB OC (same card as before)
Antec 650W Power Supply (same as before)
EDIT: CORSAIR 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333

I am dumping all this into a brand new case, which will be the case I bought last summer -> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... -_-Product

So even if I am out of school, Don't expect me to be on the server much due to Crysis and STALKER actually running for once :mrgreen:

Will give updates as I go, Should be ordering the parts anytime between Friday and Monday (Most likely friday, monday due to a lot of complications with work (not a money issue))
Master_Unreal

Re: PC Upgrade VERY soon

Post by Master_Unreal »

I am currently in the process of updating the new system, glad to say that the parts are working, will try crysis and other games out when I can
Master_Unreal

Post by Master_Unreal »

Ok lets put it this way...............not only was there tearing on crysis, it was so bad the videos were not even recognizable because of the tearing LOL

Epic buy, really happy with this right now
SpiNacH
FOD
FOD

Post by SpiNacH »

Very, very nice system MU. That 275 can finally stretch it's legs.

I have been considering the 955 myself for sometime.........awesome chip for the price :).

As it is a BE it should overclock real nice. Think most hit 3.8-4.2 on stock voltage if you have the itch :) (Real easy as the BE is multiplier unlocked, just have to go into bios and up the multi)

Congrats, you have a real nice rig now, ol' SpiN is a bit envious :P

Regarding the antique hardware I was going to send.....I still have not, as I see you have just moved? PM me your new addy and I will ship soon. Sorry, but I have just started working again, and time is not as abundant as it once was.

Edit: Opps my bad. Doesn't OC quite that high and seems to need a bump in voltage. But I'm sure it runs great stock :)
'
Last edited by SpiNacH on Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Master_Unreal

Post by Master_Unreal »

Hehe no problem at all, I haven't been using the old pc for awhile, and when I am, Redeem Your Space has a decent speed on it (only when there is no skybox seen) Lemme know when you are gonna send it :mrgreen:
Master_Unreal

Post by Master_Unreal »

I upgraded to Windows 7 64-bit last night, and so far I'm really liking it, starts up somewhat faster than with XP, being able to use all 4gb (soon to be 8gb) of ram is nice. Being able to finally use DX10 programs is nice too.

DX10 seems to be a power hog, on DX9 I am able to run Crysis beefed right up to the max, a very high config also seemed to work fine for the most part. DX10 however will completely crap out on 8x aa, no AA or 2x aa seems to work just fine.

My theory with DX10 is that:

Vista = DX10; Vista is a power hog = DX10 is a power hog.
7 = DX11; 7 is much more improved = DX11 is much more improved (in terms of performance)

I have to get a DX11 card however before I can start experimenting with that Lol

Cinematic Mod 10 runs absolutely flawless maxed out, but I am not in favor of it because some of the sound events are screwed up, some of the actual scripted events are screwed up.
Masterman
FOD
FOD

Post by Masterman »

DX11 is not that great (IMO). It makes everything blurry and your field of view is distorted (more realistic is what they were aiming for I guess).

As far as Crysis not running smoothly with DX10, that has to do with your Mobo chipset (AMD 770 / SB710). It is bottle-necking that 955BE and your PCI-E lanes. You should have gotten the 890FX/SB 850 chipset, or waited for the new 990FX chipsets...
W3RM(Woof)
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by W3RM(Woof) »

‏‏‎ ‎
Last edited by W3RM(Woof) on Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Master_Unreal

Post by Master_Unreal »

I would think that the motherboard could bottleneck the cpu IF you are overclocking, which I myself don't do.

It probably was not too smart of me but I now realized that my install of crysis is not patched to 1.2, which fixes a number of memory leaks with FSAA as well as some other options with DX10, will try that out and see how things go

EDIT: Crysis now runs no problems at 16xQ aa under dx10

EDIT 2: Installed CCC for Crysis, 16x aa gives some lag, but this was not really extensively tested, only on the beginning sequence, 2xaa ran just fine (tested after landing)
Last edited by Master_Unreal on Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:29 am, edited 2 times in total.