New contest.

POST TOPICS GENERAL IN NATURE RELATED TO UNREAL
Forum rules
Remember our site rules for decency and language. Do not use racial, gender or other unacceptable undertones.
Oldsparky

New contest.

Post by Oldsparky »

Seems everyone is a server critic these days. I have decided to try and take advantage of that. Everyone has their own idea about what a perfect server should be. It may be dm, koth or coop or some variation there on. What I would like to do, is to let players construct their own server with what they think will make a good server. I then would host these servers on our test server for a yet to be determined period of time. I am guessing couple of weeks to a month. The server would bear the newbies name with the players name as a suffix. When everyone has given up and all servers have ran, then the players will vote on the best server of the ones that ran.

Conditions I know that must be met now.
1. Must be 225
2. Must either be JCoop or Uteam.
3. Cannot be excessive in processor use on the server.
4. Newbies rules for decency still apply.
5. You must provide to me the custom files for installation and additional files to be added to the basic plain server.
6. We reserve the right to reject servers that are in poor taste or endanger our hosting company in any way.
7. All mutators must run as hook mutators as command line changes must be done by server host.

In preparation for this, I have made the test server pure Jcoop and ready for anyones server that is of a coop nature.
I would like to do the coop ones first and the DM uteam second.

You will have to figure a way to get the files to me so I may upload them to the server after testing them here on a Lan server to make sure we dont endanger the host.

You will have to find OLDUNREAL ONE somewhere and patch to 225 and then use the quick server installs found here to build your server. Then send me just the files needed to add to my Jcoop server to duplicate yours.

I am quite interested in comments on this idea. Anyone want to donate a prize.
Hope that you will allow newbies to use any great ideas you have. This is your chance to make the server like you want it.
We have tons of mods on our map page.

http://69.90.34.150/unreal/

I suggest reading Jcoop and Uteam manuals.