Unreal Tournament 2007

POST TOPICS GENERAL IN NATURE RELATED TO UNREAL
Forum rules
Remember our site rules for decency and language. Do not use racial, gender or other unacceptable undertones.
GoodOleTaco

Unreal Tournament 2007

Post by GoodOleTaco »

What We Know About Unreal Tournament 2007
Not that we were the least bit worried that we'd seen the last of Unreal Tournament, but finally seeing the next game in the franchise up and running really set our hearts aflutter. Along with the updated name come a brand new engine, new game modes, new weapons, new characters, and plenty more ways to blow up your friends.

Unreal Tournament 2007 most tantalizing addition is the addition of a new mode for the franchise entitled Conquest. Fans of UT2005 will remember the triumphant return of Assault, as well as the incredibly fun addition of Onslaught, a twisted version of capture the flag with tanks and gun ships. The two come together in Conquest. The demo opened up introducing us once again to Malcolm, the ever-present badass of the UT universe. Clearly he had a facelift, thanks to the game's new engine, since the character model was one of the most realistic we've ever seen in a game. The details, down to the rivets on his guns to the shine on his boots made him much more than just cannon fodder (even if that's what he was gonna be soon enough).

Malcolm's introduction was halted as we were thrown onto the battlefield, in this case a war-torn city. Unlike the ultra-futuristic cities we saw in previous UT games, this was more our style, with small street, brick buildings the whole city was burnt to hell, which made getting around in a tank somewhat of a challenge, but we made do. The new effects of the new engine we hard to ignore as we let loose a few tank shells into a nearby gentleman's establishment. Debris and smoke rose from the point of impact with marvelous precision. Oh, and that corpse spinning through the air above us. Watch where you're standing next time.

The basic idea of Conquest is that you're assigned to a side with Primary and Secondary Objectives. Completing these objectives moves your spawn points ahead, and losing objectives moves them back, so it's really like a game of tug-of-war with guns and tanks. Unlike 2005's Onslaught, however, the environments in Conquest will be more much involved, rather than bland canyons and plains. In this aforementioned city map, you'll actually progress through the city and on to a more suburban area and then on to a completely rural environment, all without load times. The new engine is to thank, since it's able to handle much larger maps with way more textures and models.

We're still itching for more details on UT2007 but for now, that'll have to do. Undoubtedly more info will be trickling out over the year as the game nears its late 2006 release date. Until then, we'll leave you with this tibit: the Enforcers are back!

Vixen
FOD
FOD

Post by Vixen »

<Spit> 8)

For the troubles we see will soon be over, but the joys to come will last forever....
GoodOleTaco

Post by GoodOleTaco »

Ur gonna start that spitting thing of yours again :?: :wink:
Vixen
FOD
FOD

Post by Vixen »

Sowwy :( ;) Can't help it :twisted:

For the troubles we see will soon be over, but the joys to come will last forever....
Little Daisy Sunshine
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by Little Daisy Sunshine »

and........... if I remember reading correctly, there are no female player types. :roll:
On Earth, as it is in Heaven...

www.firesong.com
GoodOleTaco

Post by GoodOleTaco »

He He, Im sure someone will create a few female characters.
U know those graphics look awesome. I saw the vids, man, wish I had the RAM and GRAPHICS to run it. :wink:
Little Daisy Sunshine
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

GoodOleTaco wrote:He He, Im sure someone will create a few female characters.
U know those graphics look awesome. I saw the vids, man, wish I had the RAM and GRAPHICS to run it. :wink:
Unless the game comes with the wireframe female player type you cannot add it... Its not like adding in skins. :-/

www.firesong.com
BrakeDanceJ
FOD
FOD

Post by BrakeDanceJ »

Little Daisy Sunshine wrote:
Unless the game comes with the wireframe female player type you cannot add it... Its not like adding in skins. :-/
Using UT2kX's skeletons you can simply mesh your own. Look at all the custom ut2k3/4 meshs. Worse case, you can port the models from ut2k4 females.
Vixen
FOD
FOD

Post by Vixen »

Why waste your time? - Hehehehe :twisted:

BucketHead(CoA)
FOD
FOD

Post by BucketHead(CoA) »

lol ... spitting
Looks nice, I love vehicles ... ram 'em run & over 'em .... :x I just built a new rig and BF2 is smooth as silk .... I'll play it when it's comes out , it what like 2 weeks ..... :lol:
UnLeaded
FOD
FOD

Post by UnLeaded »

So they'll be bulky Russian women... :lol:
-> UnLeaded <-
UnLeaded
FOD
FOD

Post by UnLeaded »

Only thing the game looks like it requires a 64-bit Pentium 5 with 10GB of memory :o

Sure it looks great, but watching clouds go by gets boring after awhile... :lol:
-> UnLeaded <-
Little Daisy Sunshine
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

UnLeaded wrote:
So they'll be bulky Russian women... :lol:
:roll: :roll: Yep, that would about be it... You would have to modify the existing male wireframe... be like the old days with the East German woman's swim team. :shock: :shock: :lol:

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sat May 31, 2008 9:50 pm.

www.firesong.com